PDA

View Full Version : Do you use more ONR with a sponge?

conman1395
11-26-2014, 09:54 PM
I've been doing ONR with a grout sponge and love it except for one thing. I feel like I use WAY too much solution for my Acura TSX. I can barely make 5 gallons work and that doesn't even include the wheels. If I use a MF mitt I use a little less, but if I use microfiber then I'll do the Garry Dean method instead.
Is everyone else the same? Do you use more ONR with a grout sponge?

Blade
11-26-2014, 10:03 PM
You're using way too much. I start off with 4 gal solution for a mini-van and 3 gal solution for a hatchback (subaru impreza/audi a3), and still have some left over to do all 4 wheels. I use 2bm with a grout sponge. How are you using it?

conman1395
11-26-2014, 10:10 PM
I saturate the sponge and then squeeze it just a little bit so it doesn't drip all over my floor. I believe I may be using too much because I only do one pass for each side and then gp back to the rinse bucket (kinda like the Garry Dean method of only using one side once). Should I not be so finicky with the grout sponge and do a few more passes on each side?

Corey@OptimalDetailing
11-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Way too much. I mixed up 2 gallons of solution last night to clean up a Sequoia I'm doing an AIO on. Washed it via grout sponge and used the same solution for my Nanoskin mitt too. Yes, I did mist the panels w/ ONR QD ratio, but still a little goes a long way.

omarabdullah022
11-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Its a waste of product. I can wash 3 cars in that much wash solution using the garry dean wash method..

conman1395
11-27-2014, 12:57 PM
So should I do multiple passes?

Corey@OptimalDetailing
11-27-2014, 02:20 PM
It most cases i will saturate the panel with one side of the sponge, flip it, and go over the panel again just to make sure I didn't miss a spot. I will not go back to my solution unless I cleaned one very large panel or 2-3 panels.