PDA

View Full Version : First cquartz use went a bit wrong.

Fingerling90
11-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Hi. I applied Cquartz UK for the first time. Polished the car before, eraser wipedown and all. Cq UK went on fantastic, but since the lightning was not great i mised a spot when buffing after flash. I did visually inspect the car after a final buff, but the spot was not detected until the next day when car was out in the daylight. So now after 24h the coating is cured, is there a way to repair this? Or should i just polish out the spot and reaply the Cq UK?

frankprozzoly
11-26-2014, 07:16 PM
My understanding is that you have to do it over.

DaveT435
11-26-2014, 07:33 PM
I think your going to need to do the whole panel. Where is the spot?

RobertJ34
11-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Polish out the spot, eraser, cquk the spot, as you mentioned in your final sentence. Good to go after that.

TroyScherer
11-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Since I have quite a bit of CQ / CQUK experience I have a few options I think I would try before re-polishing.

1. Apply some Reload to the spot and buff it to see if it removes the high spot.

2. Wait a week and use a chemical paint cleaner like Klasse AIO by had on a MF applicator to see if you can minimize or remove the spot.

3. Hand polish with a light polish.

4. Compound and re-polish and start over on that panel.

Fingerling90
11-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Thanks guys for the answers. Will try reload first, since is the most non destructive way. The spot is on the seam betwen the door panels.