PDA

View Full Version : Question - Question - Question

RPM06
06-15-2006, 12:06 PM
I've got a 5 month old '06 C6 that I am planning on detailing this weekend. It's currently got a couple of coats of Rejex on it and is is great condition except for a couple of scratches. I've just bought the Wolfgang/Souveran Kit and wanted to test the DP WG Sealant with Souveran over it.
(1) Would there be any benefit to me stripping of the Rejex first? Will the WG pre-wax cleaner and clay be enough to remove it if so?
(2) I assume my steps are:
wash-clay-wash-XMT #1 for light scratches removal-XMT Glaze-DP WG Sealant (12hr cure)-Souveran-Crystal Mist. Would you agree with these steps?
(3) Should I just use the PC on the 2 scratched areas or the whole car for uniformity?
:cheers:
Thx,

ZaneO
06-15-2006, 01:41 PM
To accurately judge the characteristics of your new products, it would probably be best to completely remove the Rejex. You could do this with the XMT #1.

I'm not sure if I would use the XMT Glaze under Wolfgang. It may prevent proper bonding and sacrifice durability.

If I were doing it:

-wash
-clay
-XMT #1 via PC
-WG Sealant (12-24 hr. cure)
-Souveran
-Crystal Mist after next wash

RPM06
06-15-2006, 02:29 PM
That make sense...I wasn't sure about the glaze under the Sealant. Any thoughts on what combo will yeild the highest gloss and wet-ness?
WG DP Sealant and Souveran
or
XMT Glaze and Souveran

Much appreciated your comments.

RPM06
06-15-2006, 02:34 PM
If I were doing it:

-wash
-clay
-XMT #1 via PC
-Souveran

I'm going this route this weekend and try to get pictures up by Sunday!

:righton:

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Can't wait for the pics!

BILL
06-15-2006, 04:22 PM
That make sense...I wasn't sure about the glaze under the Sealant. Any thoughts on what combo will yeild the highest gloss and wet-ness?
WG DP Sealant and Souveran
or
XMT Glaze and Souveran

Much appreciated your comments.

Well i've already done the Sealant/Souveran Combo much to my DELIGHT.....:applause:
Now im planning on a 3M Hand Glaze/Souveran Combo......We'll see:)

ScottB
06-15-2006, 04:55 PM
To accurately judge the characteristics of your new products, it would probably be best to completely remove the Rejex. You could do this with the XMT #1.

I'm not sure if I would use the XMT Glaze under Wolfgang. It may prevent proper bonding and sacrifice durability.

If I were doing it:

-wash
-clay
-XMT #1 via PC
??????????
-Souveran

:iagree:

Well almost totally, both Pinnacle lines are designed for carnuabas. As such some of the oils/fillers in XMT #1 might (I say might) reduce the durability of Wolfgang. I would wipe down with alcohol/water after #1 or rewash to be safe. (personally)

bluzman
06-15-2006, 09:35 PM
YOu will be very happy with the WG sealant!!! You could clay as you wash each panel if you were looking to save some time!! The soap makes a greal lube.