PDA

View Full Version : HE Washer

Pages : [1] 2

KBsToy
11-26-2014, 09:22 AM
1st tried doing a search and was bounced all around on HE washer machines.

We just bought a HE Washer and was wondering on how much detergent to use when washing my mf towels.

MF detergent or regular HE detergent .

Thanks

Bunky
11-26-2014, 10:22 AM
I use Blackfire Microfiber cleaner and generally just follow the instructions. Blackfire is low sudsing anyway so not an issue.

MI Mike
11-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Like Bunky said. Check desired mf product. Wolfgang say's HE comp. Chem Guys same. Most HE machines will work with 1-oz for sm. load 2-oz heavy load. It all depends on your mf product. The mf product I use works great at 1 to 1-1/2 oz. Remember with HE machines, use less and adjust as needed.

ShaunD
11-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Most detergents say what amount to use for HE washers. And like stated, no more than 2oz is needed with MF specific detergents. I always do an extra rinse if adding more than an ounce to loads of MFs in my HE washer. Instead of adding more detergent for dirtier loads you are better off pre-soaking then then only adding no more than 1.5-2 ounces. Since you just got the machine you will need to see how it performs and adjust you soaking and washing methods from there. Following the manufacturers' recommendations is a best practice as well.

mcate
11-26-2014, 11:26 AM
I use Tide Pods

Hermes1
11-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Use the recommended amount per the detergent product you use. Know if you see a lot of foam at the top of the washer (top loaders) or in the front (front loaders), you have used too much.

jmsc
11-26-2014, 12:55 PM
I use <1oz of MF Pinnacle Detergent with my new Whirlpool HE Washer for mf's.

I'd start with as little 1/2 - 3/4 oz and go higher if needed. It uses less water, hence, less detergent.

Rmd
11-26-2014, 02:19 PM
I have found that the Wolfgang MF cleaner works better than anything else I have used in my HE machine. It was formulated to work with HE machines. I use about 1-2 oz for wash cycle and put about an oz of white vinegar in the softener tray.

Blade
11-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Up to 1 oz of Micro-Restore. Less for smaller loads. Works really well with my front-loader HE washer.

fisch
11-26-2014, 06:16 PM
I use a little more than an oz of Wolfgang in our HE washer on delicate with an extra rinse cycle.
Don't tell my gf, she thinks I do them at the laundromat...

cardaddy
11-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Up to 1 oz of Micro-Restore. Less for smaller loads. Works really well with my front-loader HE washer.

:iagree::dblthumb2:

OP, one thing to remember when using a HE washer, (well at least the one we have like below) is that they'll tend not to put much water in. Ours (and I'm sure others) will weigh the load before adding water. With that in mind.... It's easy to 'trick' the washer into adding more water. Just add your load then head over to your mud sink and get a gallon (or more) of hot water and pour that on the towels. Works every time! :dblthumb2:

I've programmed cycles in for different "Car Towels" from terry garage towels to compound/polish removal general duty, to extra fluffy Korean towels. If you're using a dedicated microfiber detergent then 1oz will be plenty. You can also use a mix of dedicated detergent, and/or some sort of 'clear' liquid and a mix of Woolite. I've used Woolite for years, (long before I bought any 'dedicated' detergents).

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj5QzBk3H8VECrCGZl_fZIHl1uxWfkp kTfeqZv4gYRsyqZBm9J (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skyscrapercity.com%2Fshowthre ad.php%3Ft%3D785244%26page%3D9&ei=mXx2VPj6OIepgwSSmITYDQ&bvm=bv.80642063,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNEau7W_Wbk0c9gx7xu7kinzJ1BrYw&ust=1417137429712144)

Mizzoutiger
11-26-2014, 08:34 PM
I have found that the Wolfgang MF cleaner works better than anything else I have used in my HE machine. It was formulated to work with HE machines. I use about 1-2 oz for wash cycle and put about an oz of white vinegar in the softener tray.
:iagree:

KBsToy
11-27-2014, 06:02 AM
:iagree::dblthumb2:

OP, one thing to remember when using a HE washer, (well at least the one we have like below) is that they'll tend not to put much water in. Ours (and I'm sure others) will weigh the load before adding water. With that in mind.... It's easy to 'trick' the washer into adding more water. Just add your load then head over to your mud sink and get a gallon (or more) of hot water and pour that on the towels. Works every time! :dblthumb2:

I've programmed cycles in for different "Car Towels" from terry garage towels to compound/polish removal general duty, to extra fluffy Korean towels. If you're using a dedicated microfiber detergent then 1oz will be plenty. You can also use a mix of dedicated detergent, and/or some sort of 'clear' liquid and a mix of Woolite. I've used Woolite for years, (long before I bought any 'dedicated' detergents).

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj5QzBk3H8VECrCGZl_fZIHl1uxWfkp kTfeqZv4gYRsyqZBm9J (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skyscrapercity.com%2Fshowthre ad.php%3Ft%3D785244%26page%3D9&ei=mXx2VPj6OIepgwSSmITYDQ&bvm=bv.80642063,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNEau7W_Wbk0c9gx7xu7kinzJ1BrYw&ust=1417137429712144)

My wife wanted the new HE washer I was happy with the simple ones :)

KBsToy
11-27-2014, 06:03 AM
THANKS for the reply's !!!!!

cardaddy
11-30-2014, 01:17 PM
My wife wanted the new HE washer I was happy with the simple ones :)

Yeah, I know that feeling. :rolleyes:

Ours actually *tells* the dryer what it's just done and the dryer decides what type of drying cycle to use. :dunno:

Now you'll have to get her to stop using ANY type of fabric softener (in both the washer and dryer) so you don't end up ruining your microfiber collection. :D I actually keep a 50% alcohol solution bottle next to ours that I spray the (stainless) inside of the respective machine(s) down with (for a nice quick wipe down) before running a load. OCD yes.... but it helped to 'train' CarMomma not to ruin the $2000 worth of microfiber sitting around here. :laughing: