PDA

View Full Version : Scents

Pages : [1] 2 3

scooterguitar
06-15-2006, 11:25 AM
What are you using for intereior air freshener or scent? All I coem across are your cheapies. Oen I did stumble upon that is different: Vanilla and peppermint mixed. I hate both of these smells on their own, but thisone smells so unique! However, not long lasting. What are some good product lines to look for?

Meghan
06-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I use DP inside the car, it leaves behind a nice smell for awhile, I think its banana!:awesome:

scooterguitar
06-15-2006, 12:17 PM
The interior protectant, right? If so, yes, I love it, but the smell doesn't last too long. I am looking for a long lasting scent and not one of those Tweetie bird rearview mirror danglings:>)

BILL
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Tweetie bird rearview mirror danglings:>)??????

:iagree: Something that last more than till your next carwash......

Not a spray.......;)

Meghan
06-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Someone told me awhile ago, they put some Pinnacle Leather Conditioner on a rag and put under the seat. I guess when the car heats up it stinks real good! :o My problem is I dont have leather seats so it would be a lie to stink like leather!!! So I put one of those "clip on to the a/c vent things"... not sure of the name but it has liquid in it and the a/c blows it around!:righton:

scooterguitar
06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
i tired those before Meg, so work alright, I always forgot to replace them though!
Thing is, Ihave to go with something that is in liquid or spray form, those things oyu put under seats will slide out once in awhile and my dogs will gobble them up, at least their s*%t wouldn't stink for awhile~!

BILL
06-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Someone told me awhile ago, they put some Pinnacle Leather Conditioner on a rag and put under the seat. I guess when the car heats up it stinks real good! :o My problem is I dont have leather seats so it would be a lie to stink like leather!!! So I put one of those "clip on to the a/c vent things"... not sure of the name but it has liquid in it and the a/c blows it around!:righton:

Good idea...........auto zone may have them.......:)

scooterguitar
06-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Meijer used to sell them as well.

Meghan
06-15-2006, 01:22 PM
i tired those before Meg, so work alright, I always forgot to replace them though!
Thing is, Ihave to go with something that is in liquid or spray form, those things oyu put under seats will slide out once in awhile and my dogs will gobble them up, at least their s*%t wouldn't stink for awhile~!
Thats a good idea though, for the dogs I mean.;) Might try with my dog!

ScottB
06-15-2006, 05:04 PM
IMO a car should smell clean, and maybe like leather (provided it has a leather interior). All this tooty fruity smelling dressing and lavender leaves hanging in the car seems a little to "brokeback mountain" to me. Some things are better left alone !!!

BILL
06-15-2006, 05:25 PM
IMO a car should smell clean, and maybe like leather (provided it has a leather interior). All this tooty fruity smelling dressing and lavender leaves hanging in the car seems a little to "brokeback mountain" to me. Some things are better left alone !!!

:applause: Thats funny....:p I LOVE IT:cheers:

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Anyone know if they have a new car smell that actually smells accurate?

BILL
06-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Anyone know if they have a new car smell that actually smells accurate?

Now that's a MILLION dollar question.:applause: ......I've often thought about that......

I seriously doubt it, but i would think car dealerships would use that in there newer used cars if it were available........:) ......

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 05:52 PM
I would use it in any car if I were a dealer. Just the scent triggers something in the mind saying "this car seems very new and therefore, I should pay them more than I planned on spending!"

BILL
06-15-2006, 05:59 PM
I would use it in any car if I were a dealer. Just the scent triggers something in the mind saying "this car seems very new and therefore, I should pay them more than I planned on spending!"

:iagree: Now all we have to do is find it:)