PDA

View Full Version : mixing products

hothatch
11-25-2014, 03:06 PM
hi
can i use gtechniq wipe panel / gyeon q2m prep (as a wax/sealant cleaner) and than britemax extreme elements,or opti seal v2,or c2v3, or jeatseal 109 ?
cheers

PiPUK
11-25-2014, 05:23 PM
There is no issue with mixing brands within your routine, but I would never ever mix two products together (some people, believe it or not, do this).

A little note would be that I understand (correct me if I am wrong) that Gyeon prep is basically the same as eraser, so it is not a product which will do much to remove a wax/sealant. Gtech panel wipe is a rather different product, with strong solvents, and a lot more likely to remove LSPs (but don't bet your life on removal being easy!).

hothatch
11-25-2014, 11:15 PM
So what u suggest? Im looking for product that will remove previous wax/ sealant and will fit to the sealant products i mentioned b4 .

Its not exactly mixing cuz its two diff products ,so i dont see any problem

FUNX650
11-25-2014, 11:44 PM
So what u suggest? Im looking for product that will remove previous wax/ sealant and will fit to the sealant products i mentioned b4 .

Its not exactly mixing cuz its two diff products ,so i dont see any problem
IMHO:
A light polishing session is your best bet to remove any existing Waxes/Sealants.

Then:
Unless the Sealants specifically call for the paint to be "completely bare, or squeaky clean" before they can be applied, I'd just apply one of the aforementioned Sealants...foregoing the "panel wipes".

Bob

hothatch
11-26-2014, 12:25 AM
I didnt understand u lol, i just want to prepare the paint for sealant thats it.
Make it clean b4 it,BUT not polishing cuz im doing this by hand+ car is new doesnt need polish

PiPUK
11-26-2014, 02:32 AM
I didnt understand u lol, i just want to prepare the paint for sealant thats it.
Make it clean b4 it,BUT not polishing cuz im doing this by hand+ car is new doesnt need polish

Unfortunately, a quick polish is the only guaranteed way to remove an existing LSP. It is possible that the panel wipes you talk about may remove a degraded wax but my experience, and that of others, is that many LSPs are far harder to completely remove than traditionally thought.

hothatch
11-26-2014, 04:55 AM
Whats lsp lol

lawrenceSA
11-26-2014, 05:52 AM
Whats lsp lol

LSP = Last Step Product - typically a wax, sealant or coating:xyxthumbs:

Moldavite
11-26-2014, 06:57 AM
Polishing is the way to go ;)