PDA

View Full Version : Favorite QD for Coated Cars?

Pages : [1] 2

The Critic
11-25-2014, 01:36 AM
I'm looking for a QD for coated cars - something that adds lubrication, some slickness and some gloss.

I'm considering Meguiars M135, Optimum Instant Detailer and HD Touch.

What are you folks using?

2shiny
11-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Try to go with a QD / spray sealant that goes with the coating. The pinaccle booster, carpro reload,...

MattPersman
11-25-2014, 06:34 AM
They change the water behavior but I am sure you understand that. CG extreme slick synthetic, Meg's d155, duragloss fast clean and shine, zaino z6.

Sonax BSD is great but not slick.

MarkD51
11-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Although I've never tried this product myself, I would one day like trying GTechniq C2V3 Spray.

Although $30 for a 500ml bottle, the description here on site says it is diluteable, so it is water based, and said that it can be used as a drying aid.

Being diluteable should also stretch the product making it less expensive per application. Sounds like it has similar properties-qualities to CP Reload, and GTechniq suggests that it is suitable over their coating technology.

Seems the biggest gripe coating fans may say about using unorthodox toppers over a coating is not so much the possibe alteration of looks, but the alteration of a coating's properties such as hydrophobicity, and repelling dirts-contaminants.

Of course when bought during a good sale here, the cost would be even less.

FUNX650
11-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Since you already have the Coating for paint-protection...
I'll suggest:
Meguiars D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer.
{The D155 Combo Pack is currently on sale!}

Bob

Nomadsto
11-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Garry Deans Infinite Detail Juice

aim4squirrels
11-25-2014, 10:36 AM
absolute favorite is none, just use a pressure washer and blow or lightly towel dry. Coatings seems to repel dirt and dust better than any QD on the market.

If you must use a QD, I've had experience with these:

PBL Detailer - great but way too expensive.
CG V7 - very good, but needs a final wipe to knock down any high spots
M 34 - good, very little residue
M 155 - oily as mentioned. Leaves great gloss initially but attracts heavy dust.
Pinnacle rinseless wash w/ carnuaba - great wet looks, average dust attraction.

builthatch
11-25-2014, 10:49 AM
i tend to agree that generally, coated cars are best when left alone. that is why i stopped using "drying aids" and such. however, i also understand that spot cleanings and such need to occur...and when doing those things, it makes sense to be as safe as possible. that is part of the reason i am such a huge proponent of Opti-Clean as an instant detailer, not just a waterless wash.

if you really need slickness, try adding some OID concentrate to Opti-Clean. you get the crazy slickness and gloss of the OID with the cleaning safety margins of Opti-Clean.

both products are terribly cheap if you go the concentrate route.

for the record, OID by itself is ridiculously slick and glossy. and i believe when i did use it on a regular basis, i mixed it at four parts water, not three.

Moldavite
11-25-2014, 11:53 AM
duragloss rinseless wash with QD ratio :)

silverfox
11-25-2014, 05:31 PM
This is the easiest question ever posted here...poor boys spray and wipe.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-27-2014, 02:31 PM
This is the easiest question ever posted here...poor boys spray and wipe.
Won't add gloss, but it's pretty slick. Also, it won't "disturb" the coating. Excellent clay lube as well. Good stuff.

hawaiian
11-27-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm useing optimum spray wax. Adds gloss and slickness to coating helps against uv for added protection. So far it's working just fine.

aim4squirrels
11-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Spray Wax isn't a QD and probably shouldn't be used as such.

Klasse Act
11-27-2014, 03:33 PM
I've used a mix of DG rinseless as a QD mixed w/ KSG and it worked great!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

PA DETAILER
11-29-2014, 04:37 PM
I used eco touch WW as a QD today. Noticed no ill effects to the DP COATING.