PDA

View Full Version : Megs (LARGE) quanities

HUMP DIESEL
11-24-2014, 07:39 AM
I know that Megs produces 5 gallon and even 55 gallon containers of their products, why is it we do not see these sizes readily available to us?

HUMP

Mike Phillips
11-24-2014, 08:02 AM
I know that Megs produces 5 gallon and even 55 gallon containers of their products, why is it we do not see these sizes readily available to us?

HUMP

I'll take a guess that it has something to do with shipping costs... to everyone involved...

Also might have to do with storage space needed to store large containers and related to this would be handling heavy, bulky containers.

That's a few guesses I guess...

:)

HUMP DIESEL
11-24-2014, 08:24 AM
I know that I used to could buy the 5 gallon qty, locally. That was prior to me having to go back to a regular 9-5. I know that I have seen it posted on a local auto parts chain website in both the 5 and 55 gallon size.

Just wondering.

HUMP

FUNX650
11-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Meguiar's even has 3500 gallon totes!!

In order to get hold of some larger-sized containers...
I'm going to suggest to contact either:
•Michael Stoops: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/michael-stoops.html
•Jason Rose: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/jason-rose.html

Perhaps they'd be kind enough to hook you up with someone at Meguiar's Memphis, Tenn. manufacturing facility, or one of Meguiar's jobbers that services your area.

Just a suggestion.

Bob

conman1395
11-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Meguiar's even has 3500 gallon totes!!

In order to get hold of some larger-sized containers...
I'm going to suggest to contact either:
•Michael Stoops: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/michael-stoops.html
•Jason Rose: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/jason-rose.html

Perhaps they'd be kind enough to hook you up with someone at Meguiar's Memphis, Tenn. manufacturing facility, or one of Meguiar's jobbers that services your area.

Just a suggestion.

Bob
3500 gallons?! Why would anyone ever need that much of anything?

FUNX650
11-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Places like Manheim Auctions definitly would...and does.

Bob

HUMP DIESEL
11-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Whew 3500 Gallons!! Especially at the ratios suggested!! Wow.

I used to get the 5 gallons from a local auto body store, and that worked out great.

HUMP

FUNX650
11-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Whew 3500 Gallons!! Especially at the ratios suggested!! Wow.

I used to get the 5 gallons from a local auto body store, and that worked out great.

HUMP

I found a link to an operations overview of one California Manheim Auction facility...Hope it's allowable to post.

A Little Field Trip To Manheim Auctions (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?39860-A-Little-Field-Trip-To-Manheim-Auctions&highlight=manheim+auctions)

Bob

PiPUK
11-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Undoubtedly these larger sizes are available but it is not the core business. Not speaking specifically for Megs, but retail units make unreal profits. It may shock you to know that the retail price of some products will be in excess of 100 times the cost price of the chemical within. Those sorts of margins are utterly impossible at the bulk level. Some of the big (ish) brands who knock out cheap product under fancy marketing will make more profit selling a single case of small retail packs as would be possible selling a 45 gallon drum. So, unless you are set up for it, the bulk sales route is a real waste of time. There are guys out there who will knock their heads in to make tiny profits on bulk packs. I imagine that Megs are far too intelligent to want to get into that particular urinating contest.

Rsurfer
11-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Undoubtedly these larger sizes are available but it is not the core business. Not speaking specifically for Megs, but retail units make unreal profits. It may shock you to know that the retail price of some products will be in excess of 100 times the cost price of the chemical within. Those sorts of margins are utterly impossible at the bulk level. Some of the big (ish) brands who knock out cheap product under fancy marketing will make more profit selling a single case of small retail packs as would be possible selling a 45 gallon drum. So, unless you are set up for it, the bulk sales route is a real waste of time. There are guys out there who will knock their heads in to make tiny profits on bulk packs. I imagine that Megs are far too intelligent to want to get into that particular urinating contest.

Are 45 gallon drums the norm in Ireland?

PiPUK
11-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Are 45 gallon drums the norm in Ireland?

We have the range! It depends on the customer - retail will almost always be 500ml bottles but the retail brands will often buy in 5 gallon or 45 gallon packs to repackage themselves. Trade brands will tend to work with 1 gallon, 5 gallon packs but may well buy them in 220 gallon totes and repackage.