PDA

View Full Version : ENVIROMATE E3 BOILER Series VS McCulloch 1385

no1up
11-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Thinking of buying a Steamer for the car and home... I'ts between these two but I can't decide.

For anyone with experience with one or both of these units, any insider information would be great. I'd specifically like to know of there is a significant performance increase for the price jump.... Or should I just bite the bullet and get a VX 5000? :-)

Sharply Dressed
12-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Check out Visual Pro's videos in the McCullochSteamer. For the price (around $200 if you shop smartly), it's the way I am going to go. Since I am not doing this full time and the McCullochSteamer reviews are positive, it should last me. Good luck.

Zelfiris
12-08-2014, 11:09 AM
I know you are asking between the two brands, but have you looked into Dupray steamers? They have consistently good reviews for reliability and performance. The prices for their lineup should be comparable to VX 5000.

I, myself am looking to get a Dupray steamer after I get my first house. It will be used to di-sanitize the whole house and get out stubborn dirt, and of course for car interiors as well.

no1up
12-09-2014, 12:08 AM
I actually ended up buying both and QUICKLY returned the mcculloch, the reliable E3 was very high quality, and looks exactly like the new dupray line up which leads me to believe they are the same unit. The reliable E3 is not made in China and functions like a champ, with very hot dry steam, no hot water when you press the trigger, and a very very long run time. Absolutely love the unit, I also bought it used on amazon for $336+tax