PDA

View Full Version : Cq uk (reload)

frankprozzoly
11-23-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm putting a coating on a friend's car. I don't have reload. Will the finish be ok sitting in the garage overnight. Or should I wait to get some reload. I also don't have eraser. I was gonna make up my own concoction. Some ipa with a little megs express wash.

1fastTbird
11-23-2014, 08:10 AM
You only need the Reload if the car has a chance of getting wet. If it is garaged then you will be OK without it.

I applied CQ UK two weeks ago and used an IPA wipedown instead of eraser.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Mike Phillips has an article on making IPA solutions. I would just do that personally rather than the Express Wash.

builthatch
11-23-2014, 12:23 PM
can someone explain to me why you'd need to do anything post-coating application??

ronkh57
11-23-2014, 12:26 PM
can someone explain to me why you'd need to do anything post-coating application??

they recommend hitting it w reload an hour after uk application to prevent water spots

builthatch
11-23-2014, 12:30 PM
they recommend hitting it w reload an hour after uk application to prevent water spots

interesting. ok thanks.

frankprozzoly
11-23-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm almost done and can't finish it all in one day. So I sprayed dg wax till I can finish. I'm worried about the paint being squeeky clean now. Will the ipa be enough or am I gonna have to polish again

dpk20x
11-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Not sure on that you may want to do several IPA wipedowns. Or just a quick polish to be on the safe side. Why would you do a spray wax anyways? No harm leaving it in a garage overnight with no protection on it IMO

frankprozzoly
11-23-2014, 02:57 PM
after the cq it would stay in the garage. but it had to be driven today, that's why i'm not done correcting the paint. probably wont get to it till next weekend now

dpk20x
11-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Oh gotcha. Well since you're not done correcting it you might as well just polish off the aquawax. IPA might remove it but then again it might not. I wouldn't take that chance personally considering all the work you've put in already.

frankprozzoly
11-23-2014, 08:07 PM
I'd rather dump gallons of alcohol over the paint

The Critic
11-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Y

I'm almost done and can't finish it all in one day. So I sprayed dg wax till I can finish. I'm worried about the paint being squeeky clean now. Will the ipa be enough or am I gonna have to polish again

You'll have to re-polish -- no guarantee that IPA will fully remove any decent LSP.

frankprozzoly
11-23-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm not polishing again. It'll be a learning process if the coating doesn't bond properly. Besides theres probably way more polish on the paint than the little bit of duragloss i sprayed on