PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Paste Wax - short term update

Don M
11-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I applied UPW to my car roughly 4 weeks ago, 1 coat on one day, then 2 coats the next day spaced 8 hours apart. Since then, the car has been driven a few hundred miles, through the rain, and most recently through the snow/slush/salt. Right now the temps are supposed to get in the mid 40s with rain. The 3-6 inches of snow we had gotten is melting and since I didn't clean off the roof of the car, the water is running down the sides and 1/2 of the roof is clear of snow.

The car has the appearance of having just been washed and the beading is very close to what it was right after application of the UPW. The water is just beading up and running right off, I would almost think that all I would have to do is rinse the rest of the snow off the car and then dry it, it looks that clean. Just to be clear, the car has not been touched in any way, no QDs, no UQW, nothing, not even a rinse off since the applications of the UPW ~a month ago. The Ultimate Paste is definitely a keeper.

BTLew81
11-22-2014, 01:29 PM
It's a great overall product, and one of the best OTC, IMHO. It will rival 845 for durability. Pair it with UQW and you've got a nice combo!

jamesboyy
11-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Nice update, hopefully you can squeeze in a long term update maybe

Moldavite
11-23-2014, 12:34 AM
Good to hear that :)

Don M
11-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Nice update, hopefully you can squeeze in a long term update maybe

We'll see what happens the next snow/thaw cycle :xyxthumbs:

yakky
11-23-2014, 08:20 AM
IMO it is the best OTC product there is. Durability is fantastic as are looks, feel, ease of use and it even fills light swirling.

Justin at Final Inspection
11-23-2014, 09:15 AM
I had great success with the UPW. But I just traded my tin for an unopened tin of Megs M16! Couldn't pass it up, plus I can go buy the UPW if need be.

I have recommended the UPW to more than one friend/customer for ease of use and availability.

Don M
11-23-2014, 04:09 PM
I had great success with the UPW. But I just traded my tin for an unopened tin of Megs M16! Couldn't pass it up, plus I can go buy the UPW if need be.

I have recommended the UPW to more than one friend/customer for ease of use and availability.

I completely understand that, I still have a half can of #16 that I wouldn't trade for anything I can always get more UPW/ULW but the #16 is no more in the US

FUNX650
11-23-2014, 05:02 PM
I've had nothing but successful and enjoyable experiences with each
and every Ultimate product by Meguiar's that I've ever used!

Glad that your experience with Meguiar's UPW was nigh onto the same. :dblthumb2:

Bob