PDA

View Full Version : Proud Fiat 500 owner

irshizzle35
11-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time posting. I've had my fiat 500 sport for about 15 months, and I absolutely love it.

I live in Ottawa, and it's winter right now. I work at a hospital, so they cover the driveways with loads of salt on a daily basis to prevent any ice. I just got my car sealed last week, and was wondering if I could get by this winter with just spraying it with water every week focusing on the undercarriage to get rid salt.

Alternatively, could I just use a touch less car wash and get my car sealed when winter is over? The options in Ottawa for self serve centres are pretty limited.

Thanks!

jamesboyy
11-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Welcome to autogeek, now that your paint is sealed it should last through the winter and by running your car through a touch-less wash every week should be efficient to remove the salt and winter mess

here is a helpful link
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/86881-winter-car-care-what-you-going-doing.html

irshizzle35
11-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Welcome to autogeek, now that your paint is sealed it should last through the winter and by running your car through a touch-less wash every week should be efficient to remove the salt and winter mess

here is a helpful link
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/86881-winter-car-care-what-you-going-doing.html
I appreciate your advice. I've been reading so many blog posts from people saying touchless washes strip all protection and melt your clear coat, etc.LOL. I figured this forum would be the best place to get reliable info.

Thanks!

Ryan509
11-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Welcome to autogeek Bud. I'm actually 2 hours west of you in pembroke and i'm having the same issue with salt. Usually i wash my car once every month and try n atleast rinse it once a week. Depends when i have access to a washbay through a friend

irshizzle35
11-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Welcome to autogeek Bud. I'm actually 2 hours west of you in pembroke and i'm having the same issue with salt. Usually i wash my car once every month and try n atleast rinse it once a week. Depends when i have access to a washbay through a friend
Ah, good to meet you! What car do you drive? I just tried rinsing it at a diy station, but didn't dry, lol. My car's covered in ice!

I think I'll stick to the touch less once every other week.

Klasse Act
11-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Welcome aboard from a fellow 500 owner!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2