PDA

View Full Version : Detail Spray Product Question

Hermes1
11-20-2014, 08:28 PM
When it comes to detail spray is it necessary or recommended to use one from the company that makes the sealant or wax used? Or can one use any good quality detail spray without ill effects to the waxed/sealed finish? Thanks.

Velocitybts
11-20-2014, 08:42 PM
When it comes to detail spray is it necessary or recommended to use one from the company that makes the sealant or wax used? Or can one use any good quality detail spray without ill effects to the waxed/sealed finish? Thanks.

IMHO--- I feel that its best to use that product that is the same manufacturers as the sealant. Typically the makers will use chemicals that will work together, rather than repel each other. That is not proven science but some advertise that. Example I know for sure and the AMMO product line. Everything is meant to work together and build protection no matter what you use. Like building blocks. I cannot speak for Pinnacle but I think the Balck Label products do also. I am pretty sure though Pinnacle, WG, DP and others like Meg's do.

I use various products for correcting paint, and swap brands reguarly. For the final stage, I use the same sealant and spray wax/detailer as the manufacturer. For coatings I use their same spray detailers or increasers too. If I top a coating with a wax then I move over to that manufacturer for the sprays.

Hope this helps, keeps things simple for me.

swanicyouth
11-20-2014, 08:46 PM
IME a good detail spray will work with ANY LSP. I understand "keeping it in the family" makes sense, but stuff like PB's Spray & Gloss, Prima Slick, & FK 425 seems to work well with anything.

Velocitybts
11-20-2014, 08:53 PM
IME a good detail spray will work with ANY LSP. I understand "keeping it in the family" makes sense, but stuff like PB's Spray & Gloss, Prima Slick, & FK 425 seems to work well with anything.

Swanic is correct they do all work pretty well with any of the LSP's, and sometimes I use whatever is laying around when needed and its fine. As long as it doesn't streak then should make no difference.

Hermes1
11-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Thank you all for the helpful replies.