PDA

View Full Version : Removing multiple layers of product

Steno
11-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a used car from a private seller. The former owner put 9 or 10 coats of Liquid Glass on the car. The vehicle looks great from a distance but when you get close to it you can see multiple swirls and scratches. The guy didn’t use a polish or compound on the car before applying all the coats of Liquid Glass. Why he spent all the time applying the L.G. without removing the scratches first is beyond me. Anyway, I want to remove all the L.G. so I can clean up the paint before applying another product on the car.

Could someone tell me the best way to remove the multiple layers of Liquid Glass? Specifically what product I should use and the best way to use it.

I’m new to detailing and found this forum to be an invaluable resource.

Thanks in advance for any reply's!

expdetailing
11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
First, what tools and products do you have?
If you're going to be correcting the swirls, then any compound or polish will work at removing L.G.

Mike Phillips
11-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Liquid Glass is a cleaner/wax or I guess technically it's a cleaner/sealant. I doubt there's much of a film build on the surface.

Any compound or polish will remove whatever LG is on the surface and get you down to a fresh base.

:)