PDA

View Full Version : Doing a Test Spot....

HUMP DIESEL
11-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Alright guys. I do a test spot when I am working on a car already booked for what I think it will take. The test spot allows me to get the product mix correct, but what I have seen from others is doing a test spot prior to booking???
How is this handled? Do you tell the customer to come by, pay for a wash and then do the test spot?

Just curious as to what you guys and gals are doing in this situation. I think it is a great idea, and even Mike talked about doing it this way on the black Tahoe he did a production level detail on.

HUMP

allenk4
11-20-2014, 02:04 PM
It is an interesting technique that may work to up sell a Customer from an AIO to a 2-step or 2-step to a 3-Step

Art Hernandez even did one where he wet-sanded an area

HUMP DIESEL
11-20-2014, 02:19 PM
It is an interesting technique that may work to up sell a Customer from an AIO to a 2-step or 2-step to a 3-Step

Art Hernandez even did one where he wet-sanded an area

Right, I'm looking for the protocol on what a person does to have this happen. Like I said, you have to wash it and at least clay that section, so if they decide to do nothing, you still have to get paid for that.

HUMP

Sizzle Chest
11-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Hit that area with a waterless wash, quick clay and then do your test spot. Won't take that long.

I guess that's the risk/chance you will have to take if the potential customer decides not to have you do the work...

expdetailing
11-20-2014, 02:56 PM
What can help is you having an example, such as a photograph, of a test-spot, or 50/50 shot, for them to look at. Maybe, they can identify with one of your examples, and see how effective your skills/time/abilities is/are.