PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Cleaner Liquid Wax Vs. Auto Finesse Tripple

Zubair
11-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Hi Guys

I have seen posts by many where people prefer Tripple on door jambs, hood and trunk lids for its cleaning ability. I have used it many times but to me Meguiars Cleaner Wax in liquid form seem to surpass it convincingly, even on actual body paint. Am I using Tripple wrong or is the Megs Cleaner wax superior?

FUNX650
11-20-2014, 09:38 AM
I've never seen those posts where many people
preferred AF Tripple over Meg's Cleaner Wax
for those areas you mention above.

I'd like to read them:
Where are they located? TIA.

Bob

lawrenceSA
11-20-2014, 09:46 AM
I am one of those who use tripple exclusively for door shuts, boot shuts and under the hood and find it has superior cleaning capabilities over Meguiars cleaner wax.

I do find cleaner wax tends to cut better than tripple though.

Bob you can check out any of my show n shine threads if you have the desire to.

Edit to add... I think Tundra Power (username?) has also mentioned the cleaning ability of tripple on more than one occasion

Zubair
11-20-2014, 09:56 AM
I've never seen those posts where many people
preferred AF Tripple over Meg's Cleaner Wax
for those areas you mention above.

I'd like to read them:
Where are they located? TIA.

Bob

Extract from detailers domain "Tips from the professionals:
Ideal for use on paintwork inside doorjambs and shuts. To clean, polish and protect in one easy step."

Extract from edition38 forum "Tripple is our all in one, polish, glaze & wax, its ideal for cleaning up tiered paint when times tight, or for polishing, glazing and waxing door jambs & underbonnet paint up, as it removes water marks with easy. "

I didn't save pages but I'm certain on detailing world and on autogeek too and many other local South African car forums.

From AF site:A little professional trick is to use Auto Finesse Tripple to polish and protect the door shuts or jambs, exactly as you would exterior paint. This makes them easier to clean, and completes that ‘freshly detailed’ appearance every time you step into your vehicle.

FUNX650
11-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Extract from detailers domain "Tips from the professionals:
Ideal for use on paintwork inside doorjambs and shuts. To clean, polish and protect in one easy step."

Extract from edition38 forum "Tripple is our all in one, polish, glaze & wax, its ideal for cleaning up tiered paint when times tight, or for polishing, glazing and waxing door jambs & underbonnet paint up, as it removes water marks with easy. "

I didn't save pages but I'm certain on detailing world and on autogeek too and many other local South African car forums.

Thanks...But:
I don't get around to visit those sites too often.

And:
I'll just stick with using the Meguiar's Cleaner Wax,
as I have for many, many years. :)

Bob

dlc95
11-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks...But:
I don't get around to visit those sites too often.

And:
I'll just stick with using the Meguiar's Cleaner Wax,
as I have for many, many years. :)

Bob

A12, 06, or both? ;)

Zubair
11-20-2014, 10:11 AM
CW seems to "clean" really well as its name states in my experience, but Lawrence who also uses both prefers Tripple for cleaning ability,odd how we both get different outcomes

expdetailing
11-20-2014, 10:14 AM
This is not on topic, so I apologize in advance. However, I really like to use Klasse AIO on a 3 finger polishing applicator in door jambs, or anywhere my buffer didn't reach.
This technique is superior to just wiping down jambs with a rag and and apc, especially for contaminated vehicles.
Auto Finesse Tripple is on sale right now, just FYI.

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2014, 10:24 AM
This is not on topic, so I apologize in advance. However, I really like to use Klasse AIO on a 3 finger polishing applicator in door jambs, or anywhere my buffer didn't reach.

Yeah, I would use KAIO, Prime, Poli-Seal, DG501 etc. before I would use A12 or M06. I used to love those Meg's cleaner waxes, but there are better products now that don't stain trim and are less likely to leave residue in crevices and around hinges and latches. Optimum GPS is probably very good for this too but I haven't used mine yet.