PDA

View Full Version : Polishes and Paint Enhancer

ricksmet
11-18-2014, 11:08 PM
I recently purchased a new car (2015 Mazda CX5) that came with afew light dealer installed swirls and marks. These appear to be very light and hard to notice. I was planning to clay, polish (Menzerna SF-4500), and seal (Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0).

The question I have is about Wolfgang Paintwork Polisher Enhancer. Would this be applied after the polish step? Is it necessary in my case?

Thanks for the help.

conman1395
11-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Um, I would say to use SF-4000 or Meguiar's M205. 4500 might not remove swirls as much as it will simply make your paint shiny (witht the scratches still there). I have no experience with the Paintwork Polisher Enhancer, however.

Swift
11-18-2014, 11:44 PM
I suggest Iron X (New car paint at times have Iron contamination) > Clay > SF 4500 (or better SF 4000) > Sealant. Using SF is enough. You wont need the polish enhancer.

ricksmet
11-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the advice.

mwoolfso
11-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Polish Enhancer --OR-- SF4500

Perform a test for each product and make a choice. I would also decontaminate as it will extend the durability of the sealant.

Setec Astronomy
11-19-2014, 09:58 PM
As others have alluded to, PPE or SF4500, using both would be a redundant step.

expdetailing
11-19-2014, 10:25 PM
The paint work polish enhancer is for cleaning the surface of anything that may help to ruin your sealant or wax of choice that you wish to apply later after polishing. T PWP Enhancer would take care of this for you. Personnaly, I would definately use it because those menzerna polishes are full of oils. They may need to comeoff before you put protection on the paint. Maybe someone else could answer this and that is; do menzerna's oils need to be wiped away 100% before applying a sealant?

Swift
11-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Personally, I would definitely use it because those menzerna polishes are full of oils. They may need to comeoff before you put protection on the paint. Maybe someone else could answer this and that is; do menzerna's oils need to be wiped away 100% before applying a sealant?[/QUOTE]

IPA/Eraser wipe down is only necessary if you're applying coating or sealant manufacture requires you to do a wipe down. Otherwise it's not necessary.

When you finish polishing using SF 4000, leave the surface to get dry. Use two Microfiber towels, one to clean the surface and other for buffing to shine. Don't stress if you missed a spot, proceed with sealant/wax step.

FUNX650
11-20-2014, 12:48 AM
The paint work polish enhancer is for cleaning the surface of anything that may help to ruin your sealant or wax of choice that you wish to apply later after polishing. T PWP Enhancer would take care of this for you. Personnaly, I would definately use it because those menzerna polishes are full of oils. They may need to comeoff before you put protection on the paint. Maybe someone else could answer this and that is; do menzerna's oils need to be wiped away 100% before applying a sealant?
You should find the answer here:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/85744-polymer-sealant-over-menzerna.html

Bob

ricksmet
11-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone. FUNX725 that link answered all my questions.