PDA

View Full Version : Mustang vs challenger

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

frankprozzoly
11-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Which one do you guys like. I'm buying one someday. It'll be a difficult decision. They're both beautiful. I drove to look at both at the dealership. Dodge had an r/t silver with red suede interior. It was gorgeous

PA DETAILER
11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Like you, someday (yea right) i want a CHALLENGER.

FUNX650
11-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Which one do you guys like. I'm buying one someday. It'll be a difficult decision. They're both beautiful. I drove to look at both at the dealership. Dodge had an r/t silver with red suede interior. It was gorgeous
Let's say you went ahead and bought the above Challenger today:
How would you care for the red suede leather to ensure its beauty will be enduring?

Bob

frankprozzoly
11-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Lol If I have to live in it to get one so be it

parttimer
11-18-2014, 12:08 PM
After going to the SRT track day and driving the Chally, Charger, 300 and Jeep, I'd get the Jeep. But I live in Ohio! If they have a Hellcat Jeep, my RAM and 300SRT are getting replaced!

FUNX650
11-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Lol If I have to live in it to get one so be it
IMHO:
The Challenger is the best rendition
of the "retro muscle cars"!

Frank...
Which one of these two Challengers would be your choice,
if they were priced to move @ 1% over Dealer-invoice:
-A nicely configured R/T
-One that's HellCat equipped

Bob

atgonzales
11-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Mustang, it has been in production since 1964. Is there a current muscle car beside the corvette who has the same production years

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Klasse Act
11-18-2014, 12:52 PM
The Mustang is the one I'd go for, no doubt about it! Its sleeker and lighter, plus has more drivetrain options too.

I'm on my phone right now but Google 2015 GT350 and listen to the sound it makes:eek: IIRC Road and Track has a cellphone clip of it and even there, the sound is intoxicating!!!

I wouldn't consider the V6 Challenger but was reading a car mag last weekend and they tested the SXT version and it was $37K, are you freakin' kidding me!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

marjen
11-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Since I just bought a 15 mustang I am going to say mustang :D

Klasse Act
11-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Since I just bought a 15 mustang I am going to say mustang :D

Got any pics of it yet? Stats?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

FUNX650
11-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Mustang, it has been in production since 1964. Is there a current muscle car beside the corvette who has the same production years

Just like the Corvettes...
Can all of the Mustangs produced over that time span really be considered "muscle cars"?

Bob

aim4squirrels
11-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Test drive both, it made me choose a challenger. Once you get over the habit of stabbing the pedal off every line, here's what you may want to consider:

Challenger is just a bigger car.
People can actually sit in the back seat if necessary.
You as the driver have plenty of room and that's great for extended drives and daily commutes.
You have a useable trunk.
Field of vision in Challenger is better than mustang, and 10x better than a camaro.
It can actually suck up the bumps in the road.
Tons of room under the hood if you're a fix-it-yourself kind of guy.
It actually looks like a muscle car, instead of a muscle-Euro hybrid, or Transformer.
The interior is nicely laid out, and feels a bit more high quality than the competition.
If you have the coin and "the need", you can have the fastest certified production car of the big three (Hellcat). Heck of a base to build on, and when you get going that fast, every manufacturer costs big coin to go faster.
The Challenger gets bagged on for cornering ability, but it's handled any street I've driven down just fine. If you don't road course your car, you'll never know it's limitations in that regard.
Nice, big, flat body panels to buff out. Finally, a reason for those 6.5" pads on my FLEX.

There are other reasons, and some negatives too, but that's the major points that interested me when I was looking in 2012. I've gotten a little more realistic in my personal expectations of my mid life crisis mobile than brand loyalty or fanboism of a particular car.

frankprozzoly
11-18-2014, 01:42 PM
IMHO:
The Challenger is the best rendition
of the "retro muscle cars"!

Frank...
Which one of these two Challengers would be your choice,
if they were priced to move @ 1% over Dealer-invoice:
-A nicely configured R/T
-One that's HellCat equipped

Bob

I agree. Out of the three mustang camaro and challenger. The challenger damn near is the same car of the 70s. As far as suede care, I have no clue Bob

frankprozzoly
11-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Oh forgot to answer your question. I would buy the R/T . I don't need a million horsepower to enjoy the car

conman1395
11-18-2014, 01:44 PM
The ZL1 Camaro