PDA

View Full Version : Advice to care for new car.

marjen
11-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, looking for some advice on products for my new 2015 mustang. In the past I have used the following:
Optimum ONR
Stones Invisible Glass
Meguiars hot shine foam
zymol leather conditioner.

I want to get off to a good start, was thinking of using Opimum eraser, and the new Optimum wash and shine.

Also considering something like optiseal? I am not very experienced and looking for easy to use products. I think I have also seen some sealing products for rims and glass. Since the car is new I assume now would be the best time to apply such products?

I am trying to read and catch up on some of the new products out there, its just very overwhelming so hoping for some advice, thanks.

Moldavite
11-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Great mindset you've got there!!!
Protect from the beginning :props:

i like to share this thread ;)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/86502-some-detailing-observations-my-9-commandments.html

jamesboyy
11-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Congratulations on the new Mustang, though your mind is set in the right direction, with that said if it was me I would coat all the surfaces in the corresponding coatings, but if it's not your thing then you could always use something like the klasse twins after a good claying with something like the nanoskin clay sponge lastly your old list of products you used before are some good choices tooo

marjen
11-18-2014, 09:50 PM
So I think I am actually going to hire someone to do the optimum gloss coat. That way I know it will be applied correctly then I can just concentrate on maintaining.

I ordered today, the opti eraser, some new guzzler HD towels, opti rinse and wax and iron-x. That should allow me to keep on things. Still need to figure out something to make tire care easier and then tackle the leather and interior.

Duramax24
11-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Still need to figure out something to make tire care easier and then tackle the leather and interior.

For tire care you should check out Tuf Shine. Reviews on it have been amazing. I recently applied some to my trucks tires and it seems to work really well. The cleaner that comes with it is incredible and they say after the first time you only have to apply the dressing every few months as it seals the tires out from the elements preventing browning and such.

Congrats on the new mustang, the new body style looks sexy!

marjen
12-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I had a guy from these forums who runs his own mobile detailing firm come and apply optimum gloss coat over the weekend. Looks great. So I had purchased Wolfgang Uber All In One prior to having this done, is that something I should not use now? Should I return it and just get a spray wax?