PDA

View Full Version : A lot of detailing as of late

Pages : [1] 2

HateSwirls
11-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted but I was going through my rehab after a major back surgery, doing better:)

Anyway, as the title states I've been busy, very busy, in fact I'm booked every weekend for weeks, I only detail part time but now thinking of getting a shop and do it full time.

For whatever reason I get calls almost daily asking me to work on their cars, I tell them I only do it part time and some just can't wait so they have to drive an hour away to have someone to do it for them being there's no one else here to do it, sure they have a couple of shops but only wash and wax cars, no paint correction of any kind.

One day soon I'd like to post some of my work, for fun:)
I found this large shop down down where I live , it's on a busy street so I'd be seen.

Just have to fully make up my mind which way to go with this, it would take a few weeks to get all set up and rolling.
So much to do as some of you know.

Good day:dblthumb2:

Tato
11-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Hi Kevin, good to hear you're recovering well. You do great work and I'm sure customers around there knows about it.

Let us updated, and follow your heart. Life is to short for us to make decisions so long. Good sense is to use enough time, and don't suffer in anticipation.

It's never too early or late to reinvent yourself.

Good luck on recovery,

Kind Regards.

Moldavite
11-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Good to hear that mate
looking forward to see your new shop :props:

Sicoupe
11-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Glad your doing better KEVIN, hope everything works out for you buddy!

HateSwirls
11-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Thanks guys.

I have the shop, very nice , I just need to set it up as I want it.
A lot of room which is a plus with this one.

The front parking lot is large and right off of the busy road.
Traffic is insane. Lol
Exciting but yet of what if's but I'm done thinking.
Time to just do it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AG Online

dcjredline
11-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Wow, 3 hours later you jumped on it? Good luck man!! Your work speaks for itself. Keep us updated.

runrun411
11-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Nice to hear you're doing better. A word of advice, be careful with all that bending when you're detailing. Don't reinjure yourself.

HateSwirls
11-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Nice to hear you're doing better. A word of advice, be careful with all that bending when you're detailing. Don't reinjure yourself.

The bending doesn't bother me but I know what your saying is right.
The problem is walking, a lot of walking causing me pain but when detailing I'm fine.
Ready for a life changing experience: )

dad07
11-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Good to see you are doing better Kevin!

take your time at healing........ and good luck with your decision making.

Dr_Pain
11-18-2014, 04:30 PM
If you are that busy you gonna need to hire me :)

Good luck on the new venture. It is a lot of long hours as you know and your body ain't getting younger.

HateSwirls
11-18-2014, 05:14 PM
If you are that busy you gonna need to hire me :)

Good luck on the new venture. It is a lot of long hours as you know and your body ain't getting younger.

I may need you for pain. Lol
It will be busy.......
Thanks

conman1395
11-18-2014, 05:26 PM
As someone who is going through physical therapy for my back, shoulders, and neck I would highly recommend you get a Theracane or Backbuddy. It has made life so much better and gets rid of my many knots I used to only get relieved by my physical therapist.

cardaddy
11-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Sorry I missed this thread earlier Kevin. :(

Really glad to hear you've turned the corner dude. :dblthumb2:

Are you going totally full time with the new shop, (leaving your other place) or setting it up where you can both manage it (when you're gone) and do the work when you're there?

This is week 4 of my PT and it's been more like one step forward THREE steps back. :eek: I'll have 1 or 2 good days then I can't move again. Lots of traction, lots of leg lifts, lots of pain. Got another nerve block Friday and even that doctor wasn't totally thrilled with the results thus far, (basically about a 10% improvement they say). (And he's the one that sent me for my low back!) Now with all the twisting it's really REALLY hurting my neck and they are saying I may need another surgery on it as well! (If not PT simply because I can't move my head to the left, or lift hardly anything with my left arm....... go figure.) :rolleyes:

If we could take my ability to do a bit more walking, then combine that with your ability to bend over we'd have it made! :D

It is REALLY awesome though to hear you are feeling so good that you've pulled the trigger on this next phase. Good wishes and prayers heading your way brother. Keep up the good work! :dblthumb2:

ccompton3
11-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Best wishes for your success! I know all too well how miserable a bad back can be. Hope your healing continues as well.

HateSwirls
11-26-2014, 06:33 AM
Best wishes for your success! I know all too well how miserable a bad back can be. Hope your healing continues as well.

Thanks, my back is doing great, I'll really test it detailing daily.