PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Remiss
11-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Can you use a carpet cleaner as a hot water extracter? I know that is what they do already, but I was looking into buying a steam cleaner and when I do the seats, would a regular carpet cleaner work?

Pureshine
11-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Just get Folex one of the best products out there and can buy anywhere.

cardaddy
11-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Just get Folex one of the best products out there and can buy anywhere.

:whs: :dblthumb2:

SameGuy
11-17-2014, 01:23 PM
The answer to the OP's question is "yes" but a dedicated extractor is easier to use in a car. The blue ones they rent at Wally and Price Chopper work ok, but the upholstery tools aren't great in confined spaces like under a dash and behind seats.

Remiss
11-19-2014, 12:45 PM
The answer to the OP's question is "yes" but a dedicated extractor is easier to use in a car. The blue ones they rent at Wally and Price Chopper work ok, but the upholstery tools aren't great in confined spaces like under a dash and behind seats.

I'm a really small operation, and its been like everyone's struggle; elbow grease, then buy some more tools, then some more work, then some better tools. But, ya, as of right now I already have a carpet cleaner which does fine, but I would like to get a steam cleaner that way I'm not cleaning as much of the car with chemicals.

Garyhw48
11-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Can you use a carpet cleaner as a hot water extracter? I know that is what they do already, but I was looking into buying a steam cleaner and when I do the seats, would a regular carpet cleaner work?

I am still using an old extractor (carpet cleaner) bought from Sears around 1980 and it works fine. It doesn't heat the water so I just put hot water in it and use Folex to spot clean in advance. Any non foaming carpet, upholstery cleaner will work fine.

I'm having trouble finding defoamer, which is a necessity if the carpet has ever been shampooed. It used to be available almost everywhere that rented or sold extractors but for some reason now it's hard to find.

When the old unit dies I will replace it with one that heats the water. That would be a big improvement.

allenk4
11-19-2014, 06:40 PM
I am still using an old extractor (carpet cleaner) bought from Sears around 1980 and it works fine. It doesn't heat the water so I just put hot water in it and use Folex to spot clean in advance. Any non foaming carpet, upholstery cleaner will work fine.

I'm having trouble finding defoamer, which is a necessity if the carpet has ever been shampooed. It used to be available almost everywhere that rented or sold extractors but for some reason now it's hard to find.

When the old unit dies I will replace it with one that heats the water. That would be a big improvement.

Pro's Choice Products. The choice of professionals. (http://www.proschoice.com)