PDA

View Full Version : How many MF towels do you use?

Infinite1
08-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey everybody!

Just wanted to get an idea of how many towels you all go through during a detail. Since I used my PC for the first time recently I used about 4 MF towels during the entire process. Is that too many towels used or not enough? I'm afraid of being counter productive in my detailing by adding swirls back. Thanks everyone for the info!

Ryan
Infinite1

A1monky
08-15-2007, 10:25 PM
If you arent sure about re-using a towel, DONT! Like you said you dont want to put swirl back in the clear. Basiclly, use a new one for every chemical you apply and remove.

Thejoyofdriving
08-15-2007, 10:32 PM
During a whole detail, including: washing, claying, polishing, glazing, and waxing. I would have to say around 10 or so.

Tex Star Detail
08-15-2007, 10:48 PM
10-20 a detail

dontsleeponit
08-15-2007, 10:57 PM
If you arent sure about re-using a towel, DONT! Like you said you dont want to put swirl back in the clear. Basiclly, use a new one for every chemical you apply and remove.

good advice here

for awhile I was cross contaminating my glass and getting lots of streaking and hazed windows because I would just grab whichever of my cheaper "utility" MF towels looked clean and go for it.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-16-2007, 01:01 AM
I have not counted, but I would guess 10-20. I have various colors and they are dedicated to that type of product.

ZoranC
08-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks for letting me know I am not insane.

AUdakota
08-16-2007, 07:03 AM
on a full out wash to LSP detail I would say about 15, Ive never counted though??

YankeeFan
08-16-2007, 07:14 AM
What are you basing your numbers on? Are all you professionals working on dirty cars or are you talking about your own car? I do my car once a week and use 2 guzzlers to dry, 1 or 2 for the windows and maybe 2-3 for the qder. I tend to use 2-3 old terry cloths when cleaning tires. I am obviously most concerned when touching the paint and will use more there than anywhere else.

Howard

Al-53
08-16-2007, 07:15 AM
10-20 a detail

I my self use alot of towels.....I have over 200 towels..and I use 1 towel per panel to wipe down after a polishing..next panel gets a new towel....same with removing wax or sealants...1 towel per panel....this way I do not have a lot of product on the towels to clean and less chance of any build up to mar ...

during using a spray QD or AW...I use the same application towel to apply it..I just flip it alot..but I use a separate towel to wipe it off...and I swap the drying towel alot...if you have them use them...

I use terry towels in the wheel well and engine areas to wipe and wash..they provide a little extra bite cleaning grime..

AL

Infinite1
08-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the input guys! WOW, i'm a really below standards on using towels. I apologize I think I used the word "detail" very loosely. I was meaning the process when you apply/remove polish/sealant with your PC. :o

Nonetheless very good advice and information came out of it. Thanks again!

Ryan
Infinite1 :cheers:

rwisejr
08-16-2007, 09:20 AM
I use 15-20 per detail I have close to 300