PDA

View Full Version : Car pro reflect

Pages : [1] 2

DaveT435
11-15-2014, 08:11 PM
I've seen a couple posts on this product, but can't find anything now. I would really like some opinions on this product vs Menzerna 4500, Four star finishing polish etc. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Feed back please

MarkD51
11-15-2014, 08:27 PM
I've seen a couple posts on this product, but can't find anything now. I would really like some opinions on this product vs Menzerna 4500, Four star finishing polish etc. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Feed back please
Howdy my friend.
Maybe for fun, become a member of the Carpro Forum? (Yeah I know, yet another forum!) I've heard it is a very good finishing polish, but with a little learning curve on certain paints.

Basically what I understand is at the end of the work time with passes, to let up on pressure with the pad, and it finesses out perfectly.

I've yet to use it, but probably at some future point will spring for a bottle.

Dereksdtail
11-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Easy up at the end of its work time is the trick, took me a whole car to figure it out, it does leave a beautiful finish

DaveT435
11-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Easy up at the end of its work time is the trick, took me a whole car to figure it out, it does leave a beautiful finish

Would you say it's the best finishing polish you've ever used?

Dereksdtail
11-15-2014, 10:02 PM
I'd say it the best I've used so far, very little goes a long way and it wipes off with ease

DaveT435
11-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Howdy my friend.
Maybe for fun, become a member of the Carpro Forum? (Yeah I know, yet another forum!) I've heard it is a very good finishing polish, but with a little learning curve on certain paints.

Basically what I understand is at the end of the work time with passes, to let up on pressure with the pad, and it finesses out perfectly.

I've yet to use it, but probably at some future point will spring for a bottle.

This is the only forum I'm on and between stocks and detailing when I'm able to I really don't have time for another one. I may check it out at some point.

11-15-2014, 10:28 PM
I tried Reflect right before I applied UK, it was real finicky on my paint. Definite learning curve but once you get it dialed in, they say its amazing stuff...

DaveT435
11-15-2014, 10:41 PM
I tried Reflect right before I applied UK, it was real finicky on my paint. Definite learning curve but once you get it dialed in, they say its amazing stuff...

Hmmm...sounds like you ended up finishing with a different polish before applying the CQuartz???

11-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Hmmm...sounds like you ended up finishing with a different polish before applying the CQuartz???

Of course with black paint I can see everything, I had these little ticks marks and it drove me nuts. I was using 3401 and hydro crimson pad - turns out I used to much product - pulled out SF4000 to clean it up. Asked Corey and he recommended I use blue Buff n Shine pad, but at this point I was ready to apply UK...

DaveT435
11-15-2014, 10:56 PM
I've tried a few finishing polishes but I haven't found anything yet that finishes any better than Hyper Polish on a gray Lake Country pad. I have Menzerna 4500 and GTechnique P2 to try now. I Did a small section with each so far. Side by side the P2 had a better finish. I haven't done a side by side with the Hyper Polish yet. I've heard good things about Reflect wondering if it might get me a little more gloss.

11-15-2014, 10:59 PM
It's a bit more expensive but take a look at Polish Angel Master Polish II - this is boutique stuff - I've used a lot of their stuff and I love it...

FFguy808
11-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Feed back please

I tried Reflect before, cut is similar to SF4500, wipes easy too, it's a nice finishing polish when it's use as a second step after compounding or using a medium polish. If u want a nice polish that cuts and finishes well, go with Sonax Perfect Finish, you won't be disappointed.

*use little product for Reflect

DaveT435
11-15-2014, 11:33 PM
I tried Reflect before, cut is similar to SF4500, wipes easy too, it's a nice finishing polish when it's use as a second step after compounding or using a medium polish. If u want a nice polish that cuts and finishes well, go with Sonax Perfect Finish, you won't be disappointed.

*use little product for Reflect
Thanks
I looked at that one. I don't really need the cut, just something that delivers max gloss. I looked at Perfect Finish seeing it was a medium cut polish I figured it had a little more cut than I was looking for.

SonOfOC
11-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Reflect cuts more than SF4500. Virtually identical to SF4000. It is the easiest to remove, but not the easiest to use. Worth noting:

1) Go to Zach's post #6. Excellent advice.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/86496-menz-4500-vs-reflect-comparison.html

2) It's a little tricky on soft black paint. Didn't have any issues on 3 other cars till soft Lexus black. Reflect mars and leaves tick marks everywhere. I changed from the Rupes 21 to Flex 3401+PE-14 and it fixed the problem. Reflect likes firm pads, no pad priming, 4-5 drop starts, 3 drop for subsequent panel . However, with only 4-5 drops, a firm pad will start marring the paint with the Rupes 21, then as the polish distributes, it polishes out some of the marring.

3) Reflect works better on a rotary, at least it does for me.

DaveT435
11-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Reflect cuts more than SF4500. Virtually identical to SF4000. It is the easiest to remove, but not the easiest to use. Worth noting:

1) Go to Zach's post #6. Excellent advice.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/86496-menz-4500-vs-reflect-comparison.html

2) It's a little tricky on soft black paint. Didn't have any issues on 3 other cars till soft Lexus black. Reflect mars and leaves tick marks everywhere. I changed from the Rupes 21 to Flex 3401+PE-14 and it fixed the problem. Reflect likes firm pads, no pad priming, 4-5 drop starts, 3 drop for subsequent panel . However, with only 4-5 drops, a firm pad will start marring the paint with the Rupes 21, then as the polish distributes, it polishes out some of the marring.

3) Reflect works better on a rotary, at least it does for me.

Thanks for the info. I actually read that thread. It's a very similar process with P2. I think with the 4500 maybe I should have used a firmer pad or used my rotary as it seems Menzerna products are geared a little more toward rotary use. With the Reflect On special I may have to give it a shot.