PDA

View Full Version : Which pad to use?

Microlab
08-15-2007, 06:34 PM
I wonder if there is a "rule" for which color of pad that goes to eg polish and so on? Which color pad to what product?

Truls
08-15-2007, 06:41 PM
You dont need hevy cutting pads with polishes, only those 4 coumpounds i guess.

Harder pads is for coumpounds and softer pads for polishes, sealers and wax.

Yellow Cutting Pad
This pad is aggressive and will cut through deep surface marks and swirls. The yellow pads work well on heavy oxidation and pitted finishes, and will remove wet sand scratches without causing burning.

Green Medium Cutting Pad
This pad is useful for light oxidation and moderate to severe swirls and imperfections. This pad will yield amazing results on older vehicles, and should be used on vehicles with moderate swirls and imperfections. Add a compound or pre-wax cleaner for a flawless finish.

Orange Light Cutting Pad –
This pad is highly versatile, as it can be used on cars with light to moderate swirls and imperfections. We recommend you begin with this pad if you are unsure how deep swirls are, moving up to a Green Medium Cut Pad if necessary. Safe on clear coats.

Blue Polishing Pad
This pad is great for regular use. It will leave surface areas scratch-free and smooth while still removing light swirls and imperfections. Use with wax and polish to apply a fine gloss. Safe on clear coats.

White Ultrafine Finishing Pad
The white pad is ultra smooth and ultra soft. The white pad leaves a bold, crystalline gloss on new and just-detailed vehicles. Apply waxes, sealants, and glazes with the white pad.

From EDGE line at AG

Microlab
08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanx Truls, just what I was looking for :) OT! Its your "fault" that I'm in here ;)

Mr Dream Machines
08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Don't forget the edge black pads and foamed wool.

Microlab
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Don't forget the edge black pads and foamed wool.

And what are they for?

Mr Dream Machines
08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Heavy and medium burnishing (cutting)