PDA

View Full Version : Are all wash mitts cheaply made.....

YankeeFan
08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
or is it just the nature of the beast. The best one so far is a sheepskin from Pep Boys. But that is falling a part after a year. The others were horrible. I used a mitt that prety much disintegrated after the first use. The new chennile I now see on sites that looks like dreadlocks is ripping a part inside the mitt after 4 uses. The only one that hasn't come a part is the Schmitt but I don't use it often as it's not very flexible in tight places.

Are mitts lastly only a short time for you too?

Howard

Truls
08-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Well they dont last forever, but ive gotten my sheepskin mitt for a while now, and its still looking like new, the ShMitt is pretty durable, but yes its tike tuching your wife/girlfriend with gloves, more "erotic" to wash the cars with the Sheepskin mitts..lol

The Chenille mitts are imo totaly usable, but i dont like using`em too long. Max 10 washes and then its only for wheels or wells after.

budman3
08-15-2007, 07:36 PM
If you don't like the shmitt because it isn't flexible, then you may want to consider the LC Ulti-mitt. It's thinner and more flexible. It works just as well. I haven't touched a sheepskin mitt since I bought my shmitt earlier this year. I am now using the ulti-mitt for the time being.

2KLS1
08-15-2007, 07:53 PM
or is it just the nature of the beast. The best one so far is a sheepskin from Pep Boys. But that is falling a part after a year. The others were horrible. I used a mitt that prety much disintegrated after the first use. The new chennile I now see on sites that looks like dreadlocks is ripping a part inside the mitt after 4 uses. The only one that hasn't come a part is the Schmitt but I don't use it often as it's not very flexible in tight places.

Are mitts lastly only a short time for you too?

Howard I had one of those Pep Boys sheepskin mitts and didn't like it. Once it got wet it didn't seem as thick and I could see right through to the skin. Plus it didn't hold its shape very long, it now looks like a tube sock and I can bearly get my hand in it. It still seems soft when its dry though. A good inexpensive sheepskin mitt is the eurow mitts from wal mart. I've had one for a few months and its holding up well, they're thicker than the pep boys ones too.

ScottB
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Ive had good ones and bad ones, no way to tell in advance. It seems the soap, water, and drying times all seem to play a part in disenegrating the sheepskin material.

n7plus1
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
ive been using the sheepskin mitt available at walmart for around 5 bucks, its lasted almost a year now....i keep up with it though and throw it in the wash every now and then

dontsleeponit
08-15-2007, 11:48 PM
yea I have a cheapy sheepskin mitt that I got at some local store, maybe pepboys but I forget. It is holding up very well, being through I'd say about 16-20 washes. I am going to try the Ulti-mitt very soon though.