PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be using flyby30 for the first time. Any precautions? Im in fear of streaking.

brondondolon
11-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, I have a customer tomorrow. Ill be coating the window of 2 of his vehicles with flyby30 in conjunction with my winter package. I had a terrible streaking problem with CquartzUK on my black Dodge Ram and id be terribly embarrassed to have this happen on a good returning customers windshield. Is streaking not an issue with flyby30 or are there any precautions? Thanks guys!:xyxthumbs:

Moldavite
11-14-2014, 11:25 AM
i'm thinking to coat my windshield and like to hear more on flyby30 or Forte too :xyxthumbs:

Mike Moore
11-14-2014, 11:29 AM
I have found no streaking issues with the flyby products.
I like to apply 2-3 coats.

JSou
11-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Dr.Pain (Claude) is experienced with these products. Maybe he will chime in.

I found this thread as well.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/85262-carpro-flyby-forte-anyone.html

Not sure if it will answer your questions. Good luck either way.

SameGuy
11-14-2014, 09:41 PM
I did my first one a couple of weeks ago and product application was entirely painless. The key is in the polishing step. That takes power. As in energy and time. I'm not sure I'd be able to charge enough to make a profit -- let alone make it an attractive up sell. Figure the glass on an average sedan will take at least two hours to wash, decon, clean, polish, wash, wipe and coat. If the glass is in bad shape, the polishing alone could take two hours or more. On the other hand, new or near-new glass can be as quick as it is in the CarPro videos.