PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Overspray!

91Whitelx
11-13-2014, 07:37 PM
I recently got my engine bay painted on my mustang. I was taped off and covered in plastic. But it still managed to get over spray on the paint, windows, and some trim.I was going to use the CG Heavy Clay Bar (Black), which says it's good for heavy overspray.
Would this be a good product to use, would I be able to use it on the glass or would I have you something different. Also what is a good clay lubricant. Thanks for the help!

Fabian922
12-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I personally haven't used the CG Heavy clay bar, but I have used Meguiar's Mild Proffesional Clay and it works pretty good. They also make a clay that is specific for overspray (Meguiars C2000 Body Shop Professional Overspray Clay, 4 oz Mild (http://www.costplustools.com/Meguiars-C2000-Body-Shop-Professional-Overspray-Clay-4-oz-Mild_p_4955.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CSE&utm_term=MEGC2000&utm_campaign=PLA&gdftrk=gdfV25409_a_7c2749_a_7c9972_a_7cMEGC2000)) That's the link to it. As for the lubricant any quick detailer spray will do the job. For the window use a razor blade to scrape off all or most of the overspray, then use the clay to finish it off.

allenk4
12-11-2014, 09:19 PM
There are actually some quick detailers that are TOO slick, like Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer. They can prevent the clay from working effectively

The Meguiar's Quick Detailer (red bottle) is included in their Claying Kit, which is available almost everywhere

Crispy
02-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Speedy Prep Towel (the coarse one) and any detailer spray will get 95% of it off. You can tell you got all off when the towel stops making the scratching noise (the first time I used my towel I thought is was like sandpaper but no damage.

Billy Baldone
02-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Nanoskin medium pad should do the trick.