PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Detailer

Zileas
11-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Hi all,

Long time lurker, and detail hobbyist. I'm in the SF Bay Area, and I'm looking for a good detailer in the East Bay. I enjoy detailing, but find I don't have time these days to do the type of full detail I'd like; the type I see on these forums. A full prep/decon, light polish, and LSP. I've used a couple people before, but, frankly, have been very disappointed. These guys were detailers that didn't sweat the details (polish residue in crevices, hard water spots created, mesh air intake/grills not cleaned, etc, etc), and they weren't cheap. I don't mind paying for the work, as I know how much time it takes to do it properly, but don't tell me something took 10 hours when I know it took 3. I wish some of you pros on this forum were local to me. Anyways, any recommendations would be appreciated.

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I didn't see a 'local' or 'Looking For' subsection. Thanks!

refreshauto
11-13-2014, 02:45 PM
i only know of one in the area, there might be others. Orinda Auto Detail. you can find all their info on facebook or just do a google search

WA.Detailer
11-13-2014, 11:35 PM
i only know of one in the area, there might be others. Orinda Auto Detail. you can find all their info on facebook or just do a google search

+1 for these guys in Orinda !

They post all the time for years on autopiaforums.com, and their work is incredible..

I am also a Professional Detailer and if I didnt want to or could not Detail my own Black Grand Cherokee, I know that these guys could do it.

And Im a really detail-oriented person, so perfection is the lowest part of the Baseline...
Dan F

Pureshine
11-14-2014, 03:33 AM
+1 for these guys in Orinda !

They post all the time for years on autopiaforums.com, and their work is incredible..

I am also a Professional Detailer and if I didnt want to or could not Detail my own Black Grand Cherokee, I know that these guys could do it.

And Im a really detail-oriented person, so perfection is the lowest part of the Baseline...
Dan F
:iagree:

JSFM35x
11-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Look up David Saunders of Street Dreams Detail in San Diego. He used to live in NJ but move about a year ago. He does great work and is a great guy. He used to do my cars ( correction and Coating). I maintained them.

WA.Detailer
11-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Look up David Saunders of Street Dreams Detail in San Diego. He used to live in NJ but move about a year ago. He does great work and is a great guy. He used to do my cars ( correction and Coating). I maintained them.

Yeah, I totally agree - David is absolutely the BEST !!

But he is SoCal and the OP is in the Bay Area, around 450+ miles away...
Dan F

Zileas
11-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Yeah, San Diego is a little far :P