PDA

View Full Version : Bubble in tire

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
11-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Who knows tires? Is a marble size bubble in the center of sidewall enough to need it replaced? Tires only have 4k

Max Luster Auto
11-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Yup, it means the steel belts have separated, and the rubber isn't strong enough to hold the air pressure without expanding. Dangerous, especially on the front wheels, but really should be replaced even if on the rear.

expdetailing
11-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Can you post a picture?

GenesisCoupe
11-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Yep, as sad as it is, you MUST replace the tire as the bubble will "burst".

Would hate to have that happen when you are going 70mph...

DaveT435
11-11-2014, 06:00 PM
28 years in the tire business. It could be an impact separation, which means you hit something, chuck hole etc. and the sidewall got pinched between the rim and the object and split the inner liner. Or when the tire was manufactured something got between the plies and over time it created a separation which would de a manufacturer defect. Those are the two most common problem. 95% of the time it's an impact separation, which unless you have road hazard coverage.

Guessless
11-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Tires with 4k should be covered under manuf. warranty.

4bidden
11-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I had this happen a long time ago but it was much larger. Looked like a golf ball cut in half and stuck to the side of my tire. I was young and dumb and just drove it like that (on the rear) until they needed replaced. Never had an issue, but being older now I'd certainly get it replaced, especially if it only has 4k miles on it.

frankprozzoly
11-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah this is half a marble sticking out. I'll take it to the dealership. Hopefully they replace them. They'll probably give me a hard time.

All that work sealing the wheels and putting turtle wax on the tires and now this. You wait, they'll probably scratch my wheels

brondondolon
11-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah this is half a marble sticking out. I'll take it to the dealership. Hopefully they replace them. They'll probably give me a hard time.

All that work sealing the wheels and putting turtle wax on the tires and now this. You wait, they'll probably scratch my wheels

Dealership you say? Now that just sounds like a waste of gas. I had 3 blow outs before 10k miles were put on the tires that were on my truck when i bought it brand new. Not one, not 2, but you guessed it 3 blow outs. After the second one I went to the dealership pissed and they told me word for word "listen pal, tires dont last forever. You should consider upgrading to our bf goodwrench I have a set right here in front of me."... I cringe when ever I have to go to the dealership.

expdetailing
11-11-2014, 07:46 PM
I've seen customers say they have a "bulge" in their sidewall, yet it was just a normal change in height due to the tire's construction. Usually, somewhere along a tire, you can run your finger around the sidewall and feel it. I doubt this is what your describing, but you did say about half a marble, so hmmm...

frankprozzoly
11-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Are tires that new on a brand new car not covered? I never look forward going there. All that work we do for them to get grease and god knows what else on the car. I'll try taking a picture tomorrow but I don't think it'll show very well

toycar18
11-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Dealership you say? Now that just sounds like a waste of gas. I had 3 blow outs before 10k miles were put on the tires that were on my truck when i bought it brand new. Not one, not 2, but you guessed it 3 blow outs. After the second one I went to the dealership pissed and they told me word for word "listen pal, tires dont last forever. You should consider upgrading to our bf goodwrench I have a set right here in front of me."... I cringe when ever I have to go to the dealership.

That sucks but the dealership also don't make the tires. I'd have beef with the manufacturer and contact them. Let's be honest.... it's not the dealerships fault or problem....

trashmanssd
11-11-2014, 07:52 PM
replace it most likely from curb or pothole. I would price out same brand from tire rack or other large retailer dealership will rake you over the coals.

expdetailing
11-11-2014, 07:54 PM
If you have a second ride, just take the wheel up there. You get in and out much quicker too, usually.

GenesisCoupe
11-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Are tires that new on a brand new car not covered? I never look forward going there. All that work we do for them to get grease and god knows what else on the car. I'll try taking a picture tomorrow but I don't think it'll show very well

My dads Nissan Sentra had that at 7k miles and Nissan didn't replace.

Same happened with my girlfriends 11' Elantra after 10k miles. Hyundai did not want anything to do with it.