PDA

View Full Version : Use car microfibers to clean phone/tablet screens

RTbar
11-11-2014, 12:57 PM
I put a huge batch of microfibers in the wash (mostly the yellow Costco ones), but accidentally threw some nasty wheel ones in as well. Can I retire these to be used on phone/tablet screens, or are they all ruined?

conman1395
11-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Keep using the Costco towels on the engine and nasty places. You shouldn't have used them on paint anyway. You can still use them for screens too.

jamesboyy
11-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Do note that Costco yellow microfiber towels are not highly recommended for touching the paintwork but will get the job done, with that said in this situation I would used them for tablet/phone screens, though if you see any negative outcome on these surfaces then placed then as general purpose towels instead

Pats300zx
11-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Do note that Costco yellow microfiber towels are not highly recommended for touching the paintwork but will get the job done, with that said in this situation I would used them for tablet/phone screens, though if you see any negative outcome on these surfaces then placed then as general purpose towels instead

I have been using the yellow Costco towels for a while for my rinseless washes. I use th Garry Dean method and haven't had a single issue. :dblthumb2:

Woob
11-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Use damp korean towels to wipedown my mobile devices, easy neutral clean!

conman1395
11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
If they're leaving marks on glass screens, I wouldn't even use them as a general purpose towel. Only for tires and engine bay because I wouldn't want it to mark my interior.

PIAUTOSPA
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Its not the towels per say its the method you can scratch paint with high quality towels as well