PDA

View Full Version : QD for Coatings

Kitoy22
11-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Hi there! I just want to know if there is a recommended QD out there for coatings for safely removing bird poop, bugs etc that won't interfere with the coating's surface properties? Thanks!

dcjredline
11-10-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't know this but I would take an educated guess that they all will work OK.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

aim4squirrels
11-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I've found almost any QD works well with the PBL coatings provided it wasn't specifically designed to leave behind a wax or sealant. Any minor protections left behind by thngs like Meg's last touch, final inspection, OTC Megs are all gone in a wash and don't appear to effect beading at all.

As an aside, I used some CG V7 a couple of weeks ago for giggles on top of the PBL surface coating and it was ridiculously slick to the feel and seemed to add a depth to the paint color, but it did (as expected) leave behind a sealant that beads with some rather irregular and large water beads when it rains. It should be pretty obvious when the sealant wears off compared to the beading that the PBL leaves behind.

Kitoy22
11-10-2014, 07:40 PM
I don't know this but I would take an educated guess that they all will work OK.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

Thanks! Now I am more inclined to using ONR, im just not sure if the polymers in ONR may interfere with the protective properties of the coating.

11-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi there! I just want to know if there is a recommended QD out there for coatings for safely removing bird poop, bugs etc that won't interfere with the coating's surface properties? Thanks!

Which coating do you have? I've used the following QDs on my UKd Mustang...

Wolfgang Instant Spritz Detailer
Blackfire Midnight Sun
Sonax BSD
Meg Final Inspection
UWW

Some of these were really finicky when used on PBL Paint Coating, no issues on CQuartz UK...

Kitoy22
11-11-2014, 05:04 AM
Which coating do you have? I've used the following QDs on my UKd Mustang...

Wolfgang Instant Spritz Detailer
Blackfire Midnight Sun
Sonax BSD
Meg Final Inspection
UWW

Some of these were really finicky when used on PBL Paint Coating, no issues on CQuartz UK...

I have cquartz uk, wouldnt sonax bsd alter the self cleaning and beading properties if the coat?

MattPersman
11-11-2014, 06:19 AM
Most of them will at least temp, BSD will do it longer than some.

I would suggest using Meg's D114 or UWW+ In waterless form as your quick detailer. D114 being no beading added