PDA

View Full Version : CQauartz Question

mreed2483
11-10-2014, 03:58 AM
I ordered and received the CarPro Ceramic Paint Protection Sampler (CarPro Ceramic Paint Protection Sampler Kit, Cquartz sample kit (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-ceramic-sampler-kit.html)) The sample contains a 10-ml bottle of CQuartz. My question is can I do a 4 door sedan (Acura TL) with a 10-ml bottle? If not then my plan is to use the bottle to coat the wheels on our cars and family members for the upcoming PA winter. I know that you are supposed to put CQuartz on thin and that a little goes a long way, but I want to make sure that I have enough to do the whole car and not run out during application.

Thanks for all info and replies.

--Reed

TroyScherer
11-10-2014, 06:24 AM
You might be able to do 1 very thin coat of CQ on a 4 door sedan with 10ml. But I would suggest at least 2 coats to ensure full coverage and get the best protection.

GenesisCoupe
11-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Yes you can. The bigger bottle lasted me on 3.5 cars

SYMAWD
11-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I used 15mL for 2 coats on my Civic (paint only) . You could probably do 1 coat.

TroyScherer
11-10-2014, 09:56 AM
As an experienced coating guy (CQ, CQUK, OC) I have come to the realization that most guys that put coating on and only use 10ml to coat a car are not doing themselves or customers a great service.

I have found that trying to do an ultra thin application to save product while good for application usually results in a compromised coating sooner than anticipated because of normal wear. The coatings we are applying a liquid in a carrier that will flash off. Thus by my finding we need to apply more than 1 layer and we need to try and apply it as thick as possible to actually build a film layer.

This is why I always suggest using 2 coats of

mreed2483
11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys. I love the feedback and help on Autogeek forums. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some advice sooner than later as I'm a novice and doing this only as a hobby on mine and my families cars. The only downside is this isn't a cheap hobby, but it does act as a good way to do some thinking, clear your head and almost meditate while working on the car. Hoping everyone stays warm with this cold front coming in from the typhoon that hit Alaska.

Reed

MarkD51
11-10-2014, 07:59 PM
As an experienced coating guy (CQ, CQUK, OC) I have come to the realization that most guys that put coating on and only use 10ml to coat a car are not doing themselves or customers a great service.

I have found that trying to do an ultra thin application to save product while good for application usually results in a compromised coating sooner than anticipated because of normal wear. The coatings we are applying a liquid in a carrier that will flash off. Thus by my finding we need to apply more than 1 layer and we need to try and apply it as thick as possible to actually build a film layer.

This is why I always suggest using 2 coats of

Or, many people could stop being cheap basturds, and slather on one thick coat, which would probably be more than two coats from some supposed "pro" detailer. Just like I did