PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Madness wheel brush

builthatch
11-09-2014, 11:09 PM
one of the things i wanted to check out at SEMA was the new wheel brush that Microfiber Madness debuted. the one i saw was a prototype, but the features were pretty cool.

the main feature i liked was that the center twisted wire was STAINLESS! that is the one thing about the Daytona that absolutely sucks. the paint cracks almost instantly and it rusts...and then it breaks. happens every. single. time. and those brushes aren't exactly cheap to start so it's pretty annoying.

the brush part is a similar composition to the Incredimitt, sort of a tight mix of piles of microfiber. while i LOVE the Incredimitt, i'm not wild about this material for wheels and such vs. the Daytona bristles. i think the bristles have great reach and conform to varying areas very well, better cleaning power in such a grimy area, better stiffness to remove things that are stuck in barrels and in all my years of using both the EZ Detail and Daytona, i don't think i've seen any damage to any surface. but here's the thing - the mf cover on the MFM piece is removable. you can peel it off and clean it. so, hopefully MFM will come out with a version that has bristles.

i think the Daytona brushes, large and small, are some of my most preferred tools but the basic design has a few shortcomings, so anything that comes along that is a competitor always catches my eye.

Dr Oldz
11-10-2014, 12:08 AM
I will get one. Not sure how I will feel about it. I like the Daytona brushes except for the problems you mentioned so time will tell for me

Moldavite
11-10-2014, 12:22 AM
MM incredimitt
MM incredipad
MM wheel brush
those sure look nice as a set :xyxthumbs:

EVOlved
11-10-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm on the bandwagon to try out the MFM brush. I don't have the Daytona brush but I do have the EZ which is the company that makes the Daytona. I think it will be worth it just for the splatter factor (ie. not having it like the aforementioned).

builthatch
11-10-2014, 12:46 AM
I'm on the bandwagon to try out the MFM brush. I don't have the Daytona brush but I do have the EZ which is the company that makes the Daytona. I think it will be worth it just for the splatter factor (ie. not having it like the aforementioned).

i know a lot of people beef about the splatter but i've never been bothered by it. i think that what makes it do that is partly why the bristles reach things so well and clean so nicely. BUT i think i work slower than most so that cuts down on the springing of the bristles when pulling the brush out. but even on my STI the spokes were close and i didn't have many issues.

i love the way the Daytona performs. the texture of the MFM piece is sorta like Wheel Woolies for anyone who hasn't touched that MFM hybrid microfiber material. it's AWESOME for their mitt (and the pad for those who like pads). i have two MFM Incredimitts and love 'em.

i kinda think that the manufacturer for Daytona knows that if they used stainless they'd not sell as many because they would last so much longer, haha. if you gave me a SS center for the Daytona i'd feel like i have the perfect wheel tool.

swanicyouth
11-10-2014, 08:56 AM
I saw this thing and initially thought it was a good idea.

But then....realized I would have to wash it and re-assemble it after every time I use it. PIA. Daytonas just get rinsed off. I also think this new brush will get nasty black and stained with brake junk and tar after a few uses... I also realized the Daytona brushes pretty much do everything I want them to do.

No thanks.

Moldavite
11-10-2014, 09:55 AM
a detail shop suggest me, to reduce splatter from EZ/Daytona brush is to turn little clockwise/anti clockwise when pull out, works great :)

TurboToys
11-10-2014, 10:22 AM
a detail shop suggest me, to reduce splatter from EZ/Daytona brush is to turn little clockwise/anti clockwise when pull out, works great :)

right, but its still annoying that the thing literally slings dirty soap everywhere! lol. brush was great for about the first 3 uses, then i got tired of taking a shower after washing the car because i was covered in brown spots from flinging dirt....

if they had made the bristles a bit tighter together, or a little shorter maybe it wouldn't sling so bad.

Setec Astronomy
11-10-2014, 10:40 AM
I guess you guys never learned the paper plate trick for the EZ/Daytona?

Moldavite
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM
I guess you guys never learned the paper plate trick for the EZ/Daytona?

Mind share? Lol
Thank you :)

Setec Astronomy
11-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Mind share? Lol
Thank you :)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/76934-daytona-speedmaster-wheel-brush-splatter-prevention.html?highlight=%22paper+plate%22

Moldavite
11-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Good tips ;)

builthatch
11-10-2014, 11:54 AM
I saw this thing and initially thought it was a good idea.

But then....realized I would have to wash it and re-assemble it after every time I use it. PIA. Daytonas just get rinsed off. I also think this new brush will get nasty black and stained with brake junk and tar after a few uses... I also realized the Daytona brushes pretty much do everything I want them to do.

No thanks.

you wouldn't have to. it's like a wheel woolie in terms of texture, so you can just rinse it if you so desire. i believe the added feature to remove it is just in case it gets too dirty and you feel it needs to be deep cleaned. but yeah, i agree on the light color probably getting stained and agree on the functionality of the Daytona - they just have terrible durability though.

SYMAWD
11-10-2014, 12:11 PM
It looks nice, but there's really nothing different about it that makes me want to buy it.