PDA

View Full Version : Hydro2 -- Application question

spewking
11-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Can I apply hydro2 to my smooth plastic front bumper and smooth side mirror housing on my G35 ON TOP OF the 4*UPP I applied about 4 weeks ago?

I am also worried about Hydro2 overspray on other areas of the car, e.g., front hood and side door, and if that will mess up the 4*UPP or will have a funny appearance.

If it's not OK to put on top of the LSP, my thought is the next time I am going to do a full detail I could apply the hydro2 first to these areas and then polish and apply sealant to the rest of the car.

Maybe I'm over thinking this....I am excited to use the Hydro2 for the first time and have heard so much good about it but just didn't want to barrel ahead and mess up my current LSP and shine.

Thanks for your help.

Andy B. Cool
11-09-2014, 07:32 PM
hydro can be used on all surfaces

Rsurfer
11-09-2014, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=spewking;1185285]

If it's not OK to put on top of the LSP, my thought is the next time I am going to do a full detail I could apply the hydro2 first to these areas and then polish and apply sealant to the rest of the car.

Why would you want to protect your LSP with Hydro2 and then polish it off? I thought you might have meant some panels only, but you did say a full detail, which I take it as polishing the whole car.:confused:

spewking
11-09-2014, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=spewking;1185285]

Why would you want to protect your LSP with Hydro2 and then polish it off? I thought you might have meant some panels only, but you did say a full detail, which I take it as polishing the whole car.:confused:

I meant hydro on the front bumper and side mirrors applied first then polish and apply LSP to remainder of car

Rsurfer
11-09-2014, 08:17 PM
[quote=Rsurfer;1185338]

I meant hydro on the front bumper and side mirrors applied first then polish and apply LSP to remainder of car

Why not do the Hydro last?

parttimer
11-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Probably since hydro required a rinse?