PDA

View Full Version : Souveran Vs. AW comparision

Mike T
08-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Last year during "Hurricane" season I was a big fan of AW for maintaining my finish. Then when AG began selling Souveran Spray, I about jumped through the ceiling. The spray became my go-to maintenance product. I do still love AW though. So last week I thought I would do a side-by-side comparison between the two.

These pictures were taken approximately 48hrs after application. These pictures were taken early evening. It had rained earlier in the day, and that was the first time I saw a respectable difference between the two. The water beaded up nicely, but half appeared to have sheeted off the AW side, while most was nicely beading up on the SS side. When I started driving, the water on the AW side began to fly off the car almost instantly. While the water on the SS took its time exiting the vehicle. Both sides retained their glossy finish. When I got home the humidity was higher and it began to rain cats & dogs. These pictures were taken soon after.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/silence0420/tmpphpQw20Wg.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/silence0420/tmpphp15Epcc.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/silence0420/tmpphpEWNhIX.jpg
SS is on the right side, and AW is on the left. As for those "runs" on the right, I think stand out because of the reflection of the light off the oils in the Souveran. I know the the properties of the AW are more of a sealant, then a wax. Which is why it has more of a sheeting action.
AW and SS are to fantastic products and I highly recommend both. I know they've been out for a while, but they never get old.

ScottB
08-15-2007, 08:55 AM
I would highly suggest the Souveran Spray Wax for anyone wanting to have that just waxed look in less than 10 minutes. AW just doesnt offer the same glow IMO.

LazerRed1
08-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Great write up. I think you are right on about the difference between wax and sealant. I notice this also. With sealant, the car almost seems self cleaning but not so much with wax. I've used wax over sealant and lost the self cleaning aspect. I now have a sealant and AW on and it is a slick look and feel.

Mike T
08-16-2007, 11:44 AM
A sealant just doesn't give black that "look", thats given by a wax. I did pick up a bottle of UPP, but I haven't had a chance to use it.

67Customs
08-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't see how you guys can say that AW doesn't give the black the same look as the SS. If you look at the picture, the side with AW looks more black than the SS side.

In my experience, AW gives a very deep, wet shine to any darker colored car. Sometimes more than carnubas I use. It is also slicker feeling and it is just as quick to add as any other spray wax.

I have never used SS, but it seems to me that with this test AW outperformed SS.

wytstang
08-16-2007, 12:18 PM
I gotta agree with 67Customs on AW looking darker then SS on the hood. If you would't have said it I would have bet SS was on the left & AW on right. SS looks brighter and AW looks darker from my chair (quit a few shades darker actually).

Mike T
08-16-2007, 12:20 PM
It does appear darker, but when dry AW just doesn't have that glow of Souveran. Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of AW.

budman3
08-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Wow you can really see the differences on the hood even though I can't tell which side I like better ... :). Thanks for the pictures.

FMINUS
08-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I would highly suggest the Souveran Spray Wax for anyone wanting to have that just waxed look in less than 10 minutes. AW just doesnt offer the same glow IMO.

I agree that Souvern Wax gives a deeper look!

AW is cheaper and can be used on wheels also. So thats why I have both!

Mike T
08-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Everyone should have at least one bottle of both.

AUdakota
08-16-2007, 02:26 PM
agreed on both, I have found that AW works better on windows too.

Mike T
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
agreed on both, I have found that AW works better on windows too.
That, I have never tried.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
That, I have never tried.

Let me tell you 1st hand it totally Rocks:righton:

I love to throw in in as a freebie..After that it is always requested.

It just looks soo cool during a storm, rain just zips right off the windshield.

When I use my washer fluid when it is not storming and I wipe it off with my wipers - the upper corners that the wipers don't reach that normally stay dirty have stayed about 75% cleaner.

ScottB
08-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I agree that Souvern Wax gives a deeper look!

AW is cheaper and can be used on wheels also. So thats why I have both!

I would never use Souveran on wheels, thats why I keep a bottle of Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer.

67Customs
08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
It does appear darker, but when dry AW just doesn't have that glow of Souveran. Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of AW.
I'm gonna need to see a dry comparison shot then.