PDA

View Full Version : For Those With A Duetto, And A PC 7424xp

dlc95
11-07-2014, 09:57 PM
All things being equal regarding pads, polish, and surface being polished, what should I expect out of the Duetto, opposed to the pc?

expdetailing
11-07-2014, 10:09 PM
I do not own a duetto, but I do own two Rupes and a PC, and I can already tell you the PC vibrates exceptionally more. Even more so at higher speeds necesarry for cutting. The Rupes is much, much smoother. What's the throw, 12mm? How many cars will you polish in 6 months?

dlc95
11-07-2014, 11:06 PM
I do not own a duetto, but I do own two Rupes and a PC, and I can already tell you the PC vibrates exceptionally more. Even more so at higher speeds necesarry for cutting. The Rupes is much, much smoother. What's the throw, 12mm? How many cars will you polish in 6 months?

Thanks!

Yes, the Duetto is a 12mm, as opposed to the PC's 8mm.

In six months? Probably fifteen. Every summer I see a couple more than the last.

expdetailing
11-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Yes, if you're doing that many cars,get the duetto. The duetto will serve you much better in terms of physical comfort in the hands and wrists.

expdetailing
11-07-2014, 11:26 PM
I noticed the duetto has a minimum 4000 opm rating, while the 15es is adjustable from 1800 to 4800 or so. I wonder if the high minimum working speed of the duetto means it is not as compatable with some of the polishes and compounds that like lower-speed operation.

ski2
11-08-2014, 07:48 AM
As an alternative you might want to take a look at the new Megs MT300 polisher. Only an 8mm throw, but looks very promising with the torque control and supposed to be very smooth and it's a little less expensive than the Duetto.

dlc95
11-09-2014, 03:26 PM
I noticed the duetto has a minimum 4000 opm rating, while the 15es is adjustable from 1800 to 4800 or so. I wonder if the high minimum working speed of the duetto means it is not as compatable with some of the polishes and compounds that like lower-speed operation.

Wow! I didn't even notice that. Well, I already have two PCs. They should be able to handle the lower speed compounds.

dlc95
11-09-2014, 03:30 PM
As an alternative you might want to take a look at the new Megs MT300 polisher. Only an 8mm throw, but looks very promising with the torque control and supposed to be very smooth and it's a little less expensive than the Duetto.

That machine looks interesting. The reason for my interest in the Duetto is the body design. I really like the feel of the PC type polishers. I also use the 3401, and really favor the design of the PC.

I was hoping the new release from Flex was going to be a PC style machine, with a 5" back plate, and forced rotation.