PDA

View Full Version : Window / glass care question

glfnaz
11-07-2014, 05:21 PM
I have been using DG Rain Repel as my outside glass cleaner and I like the extra affect of the repellant properties. Recently I switch to Collinite 845 as my go to sealant. I pretty much use it top to bottom and bumper to bumper. It's great on glass!

But since windows need at least a weekly hit with glass cleaner, I still use Rain Repel.
So here's the question: Would you think that the cleaning properties of Rain Repel are removing the sealant properties of Collinite on the widows as I clean them?

Moldavite
11-07-2014, 08:03 PM
i believe it just degrade it but will not remove completely unless you use strong APC to clean :)

jamesboyy
11-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Yes in a sense you are degrading the 845 wax with rain repel cause it has cleaners in it but at the same time you are replacing what you removed, also do note that when you use your wipers that also lessen the life of the LSP(last step product) on the windshields, and waxes last 3 to 6 weeks while sealant last 3 to 6 months sometime a year

glfnaz
11-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes in a sense you are degrading the 845 wax with rain repel cause it has cleaners in it but at the same time you are replacing what you removed, also do note that when you use your wipers that also lessen the life of the LSP(last step product) on the windshields, and waxes last 3 to 6 weeks while sealant last 3 to 6 months sometime a year

Well as for wiper use, I live in AZ, so we don't see much rain. I use wipers only a few days a year.