PDA

View Full Version : How to get "cloudiness" out of metal

cc rider
11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Ok. I'm selling my toy hauler. I figured u guys would know best. I want to make it as presentable as possible and it's an entry door.It has a little cloudiness I guess is the best way to describe it. It's metal.I'm not sure what the actual material is that I'm trying to fix on top of the door (chrome, stainless steel,etc). I tried mother's metal polish and klasse aio. its better but didn't come out completely.Thanks

rms64
11-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Maybe give some P21S polishing soap a try...I've had great success with it. Good luck!

expdetailing
11-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Try Never Dull on an inconspicuous area. It's slightly abrasive with a chemical cleaner mixed in it.

cardaddy
11-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Are you talking about the mirror finish? That's polished stainless steel. The frame is uncoated aluminum.

The stainless will stand up to some hefty metal polish (with a rotary if you like). Or even with a pad on a drill. It's pretty durable stuff, and polishing it can turn into a job with a bit of elbow grease.

cc rider
11-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Yes the mirror finish. Ok it's polished s.s. then. I'll take a machine to it. Only briefly tried some hand polishing at first. Thanks!

jamesboyy
11-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Another vote for P21S polishing soap also you can try Noxon metal polish