PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's M.P.P.P.

supercharged
06-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Recently I bought a bottle of Meguiar's medalion premium paint protection...I heard that it's not VOC compliant, and is discontinued, so when I saw it in local Riebes Auto Parts/Napa store - decided to get it.
Any of you ever used it???
Please tell me more info about...:cheers:

joe.p
06-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Recently I bought a bottle of Meguiar's medalion premium paint protection...I heard that it's not VOC compliant, and is discontinued, so when I saw it in local Riebes Auto Parts/Napa store - decided to get it.
Any of you ever used it???
Please tell me more info about...:cheers:
I used it. Nice easy product to work with. gave incrediable pop to the flake on my old Park Ave. Megs #16 is another nice product,but hard to find. I'm looking for the medalion paint Cleaner..

BILL
06-15-2006, 07:02 AM
I used it. Nice easy product to work with. gave incrediable pop to the flake on my old Park Ave. Megs #16 is another nice product,but hard to find. I'm looking for the medalion paint Cleaner..

Try AUTO -ZONE and STRAUSS...i saw it monday at these stores in the sale items.....GOOD LUCK.......:)

ScottB
06-15-2006, 05:12 PM
store bought junk .... sorry but you get what you pay for IMO. If your looking for store bought, see Reflections. If its offered at Big-Lots for 2.99 is likely toast. (they have Zymol Detail, Turtle Plantnium currently)

joe.p
06-15-2006, 06:41 PM
store bought junk .... sorry but you get what you pay for IMO. If your looking for store bought, see Reflections. If its offered at Big-Lots for 2.99 is likely toast. (they have Zymol Detail, Turtle Plantnium currently)
Killerwhells, Are you reffering to Meguiar's medalion premium paint protection, if so i have to disagree.

ScottB
06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Killerwhells, Are you reffering to Meguiar's medalion premium paint protection, if so i have to disagree.

yes, never measured up to Gold Class IMO. And their professional line (beige bottles) was always leaps above store product lines for Walmart, Target and the like.

BILL
06-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I used the GOLD CLASS .....................SUPERB.......:-) IMHO

joe.p
06-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I tested the rear qtr on the buick. I though the flake in the paints was suberb,crisp clear with depth. I have used and purchased 90% of my products on line.So i do have some boutique products that i can compare it too.
Maybe i'll use it on my next detail to get a more detailed opinion.:)

btw. I do have Gold class too,Although it has been awhile since i used it.

bluzman
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
The only place Ive ever seen the medallion line is at the dealer whee I bought my truck. My local auto parts stores only carry the megs and mirror glaze lines.

supercharged
06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I got it from Riebes Auto Parts/Napa.... $17.99 for the bottle - I got the last one...I used it - and yeah, It's way far from Wolfgang....ad far as application, and slipperiness...