PDA

View Full Version : Light swirls- Want to hide them

Bicycle
11-06-2014, 08:04 PM
I have a red truck that is a DD. I use the two bucket wash method although I don't have a chance to wash every week. I live on a gravel road and there is always gravel dust on the vehicle no matter how often I wash or polish the vehicle. It appears that rain washing off the dust caused some degree of light scratching.
I guess my question is; are there any products I can use during the drying process that would mask these light swirls?
I think that one of the coatings would work after a polish but won't get a chance to do that until next spring.
Any suggestions from you guys would be welcomed.

allenk4
11-06-2014, 08:10 PM
I have a red truck that is a DD. I use the two bucket wash method although I don't have a chance to wash every week. I live on a gravel road and there is always gravel dust on the vehicle no matter how often I wash or polish the vehicle. It appears that rain washing off the dust caused some degree of light scratching.
I guess my question is; are there any products I can use during the drying process that would mask these light swirls?
I think that one of the coatings would work after a polish but won't get a chance to do that until next spring.
Any suggestions from you guys would be welcomed.

Your wash technique is causing the light scratches, not the rain

Most Spray Waxes will fill to some degree and can be a great drying aid to minimize towel induced marring

Since it is Winter, I do not see a glaze by itself as a viable option. However, you could try a glaze with spray wax over it

toycar18
11-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Chemical guys blacklight

Prima amigo

Both help fill and hide light scratches

Bicycle
11-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks.
I'm gonna give the Prima Amigo a try and see how that turns out.

MarkD51
11-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks.
I'm gonna give the Prima Amigo a try and see how that turns out.

IMO, and at this point in time, don't worry about hiding, be more concerned and worry about protecting. Get something on the paint that will last, and protect. No, the damage won't be gone, but the goal is to stop any more from occurring.

"Freeze" that condition for now, it will be there waiting for you when the time comes, and address it then.

Many like DG Aquawax as a drying aid, and its a great product.

But again, drop a few $$ on a can of colly #476 or #845. These wil hold you till fairer weather comes