PDA

View Full Version : Langka blob eliminator leaving paint dull???

MDX Detailing
11-06-2014, 02:15 PM
I've been messing around with langka touch up kit for a few cars now. Ive been using paint mixed at the body shop and also duplicolor 3 in 1 touch up sticks. I'm getting pretty good at leveling to the surface, however the touch up paint always turns flat or dull on me. I've tried Letting it cure for 2 days, I've tried clear on top and leveling that, I've tried mixing the base coat with the clear. Every time the touch up paint turns dull though. What am i missing here?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

allenk4
11-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Interesting

Hopefully some Langka users will chime in

goldenlight
11-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I generally fill in the scratch then I do a final coat using the squeeze method. Metal if paints seem to be the hardest to master

goldenlight
11-06-2014, 09:47 PM
I generally fill in the scratch then I do a final coat using the squeeze method. Metalic paints seem to be the hardest to master
Il

MDX Detailing
11-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Yeah metallic is tough. I'll try the squeegee on to coat. No body else had experienced the dulling? I just did a black vehicle and it kept turning gray after the blob eliminator. Chips were filled very nicely but looks flat black/ gray

Setec Astronomy
11-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Have you tried a light polish after the Langka?

MDX Detailing
11-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Yes, i tried PB PWS and i tried pf2500 with 3401 Pf 2500 pulled the paint out. Maybe wait another day after leveling to polish? But I'm really looking for something faster than waiting days to offer to customers who cant leave a vehicle for days. Maybe I'll try dr colorchip

Rsurfer
11-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Yes, i tried PB PWS and i tried pf2500 with 3401 Pf 2500 pulled the paint out. Maybe wait another day after leveling to polish? But I'm really looking for something faster than waiting days to offer to customers who cant leave a vehicle for days. Maybe I'll try dr colorchip

Good idea..never had much luck with Langka.

Mizzoutiger
11-07-2014, 03:49 PM
After trying most kits, I use Dr ColorChip repair. Exact match and it's easy/durable...if follow directions.

Setec Astronomy
11-07-2014, 06:26 PM

I was thinking about some gentle hand polishing just to see if you could remove the surface dullness. Sometimes with metallics it's simply the metalflake gets distributed poorly which you're not really going to be able to fix.

MDX Detailing
11-07-2014, 08:44 PM
I did try hand polishing with pws as well noticed nothing. I've had the problem equally with metal flake and solid colors alike

NacsMXer
11-07-2014, 09:15 PM
I successfully used the Langka blob eliminator to repair a rock chip in the A-pillar of my new Mustang.

It seems to be normal for the blob eliminator to dull the touch up paint. I noticed the same thing. It seems to be the chemical nature of it.

I let the touch up paint dry for a few days. I then hit it very gently with my Porter Cable DA with a soft finishing pad and some Adams Fine Machine polish and it instantly brought the darkness/color/gloss back. I even added some clear coat on top and repeated the same process with excellent results. The touch up paint comes right back to life after machine polishing it. I then had the area protected with Xpel Ultimate PPF.

I was using Ford Motorcraft touch up paint btw. If the paint is pulling out, maybe try letting it dry for a few days. Or it could be a bonding issue with the brand of touch up paint you are using. I just thought I would share my experiences as I was able to get it to work for me.

goldenlight
11-08-2014, 03:51 AM
I polished the filled in chips after about 2 weeks but then again it was summer.

Setec Astronomy
11-08-2014, 07:02 AM
If you don't have time to let the paint dry for a few days, perhaps you need a heat gun to force-dry. They show it in the video right here: LANGKA Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit: Repair scratches on your car without a professional paint job! touch-up paint, scratch repair kit, chip repair, (http://www.autogeek.net/langka-paint-chip-repair-kit.html)