PDA

View Full Version : How often should I use these prod.

Pages : [1] 2

cls
08-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Hi Guys.Have a one year old black Honda(daily driven,frequent exposure to rain and sun,never been machine buffed,has moderate swirls).Planning to having it detailed very soon.Already have the ff products:

Menzerna IP and FP
Klasse twins.
Souveran paste
UDM and Makita

My question:
1.How often should i use Menzerna, klasse twins and lsp for my daily driven car?TIA:)

klumzypinoy
08-15-2007, 03:02 AM
For any sort of polishing/compounding that abrades the surface, use minimally, once or twice a year. Sealants every few months from what I've read, maybe every 3-5 months since they last long. Carnauba waxes, every 1 or 2 months :) Collinite has long lasting Carnauba waxes though! Klasse twins should be bulletproof for a good time, from what I've read as well.

cls
08-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks klumzypinoy!so after a full detail(menzerna+twins+lsp).what would you recommend for maintenance monthly?im sure you know how it is here in manila=) will aio+sg every month be too much?

Al-53
08-15-2007, 06:32 AM
The Klasse will last a good 3-4 months easy....but the Sov will not endure the Manilla weather with the heat and humidity and rain..unless you want to wax monthly...

I would use a collinite wax on top of the Klasse twins...better protection and last much longer....

when you do the Klasse Twins....I would do 2 coats of the SG ....wait a week and then do the wax topper..

I spent a little time in Subic and also have been to Manilla and the weather was rain was just about daily...lol...and the salt air is killer to a paint finish...

so the Klasse twins and Collinite would be your best protection plan I think...

Aio

SGx2

collinite 915 or 855...or 845 x2 which ever wax you choose...

the polishing can be be done yearly or 2 times a year ..depends on how the paint looks at the 6 month mark....proper washing will keep it swirl free and then a yearly polish will be fine....

I would also get a product like Duragloss AW or Pinnacle spray Sov and use monthly to add lustre and slickness to the Klasse and Collinite combo..use monthly after a wash and you will be fine

Al

cls
08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Wow.that was very helpful Al.will definitely follow your advise since you know manila weather LOL! OT:Subic?what a small world.actually have a restaurant there.
last 3 questions Al.
1.Is it ok to use UDM/makita everytime i use aio or doing it by hand would be fine?2.will it affect the diminish the clearcoat?
2.if i decide to apply glaze along the way,do i apply after aio then lsp?
Thanks so much Al.Cheers

Chiloy

Al-53
08-15-2007, 08:26 AM
are you talking the Makita Random orbit tool or Rotary....if it is a Rotary I would use a UMD for the AIO...also hand is ok ..but a little longer time wise....the AIO will not diminish the clear coat..its more of a chemical cleaner than a abrasive product....

If you do by hand get 2-3 terry applicators..they provide a little extra cutting power...they do get black with grime....just flip it over and use the other side till its dirty..then switch to a new one as you go...the black crud scares me and I do not like doing a whole car with just one being so black with crud....

If doing AIO by the UMD speed 2-3 is perfect speed...does not allow it to flash so fast...but wipe your pad every panel with a damp MF towel to get as much crud off as you can ..or change the pad if you want....also when done with a panel wipe that panel down also...

When doing SG do a panel at a time...by hand....wipe it on and wipe it off ..do not let it sit for any time since you have very humid weather and it will be a bear to remove..if you encounter any spots where its hard to remove..a slightly damp MF with water or a QD will remove it..or just go over the spot with SG again and wipe right off....do 2 coats 24 hours apart..and do them very thin to the point where it looks like nothing is going on....use a foam or MF applicator slighty misted with water SLIGHTLY..it helps spreading it thin...the second coat goes on a little easier

there are not many glazes that will work with Klasse ..the only ones I know of are Acrylic glazes...and they are not sold on AG....PM me and I will tell you the glazes....and they work fine with Klasse....

You are in your rainy season now...you get some wild storms...lol....seen some of the most impressive thunder lightning storms there..

I liked the food there...but would not touch the Balut...nasty....

AL

cls
08-15-2007, 08:49 PM
haha!you got that right!classes are suspended today due to heavy rains!Thanks again for the very detailed and informative tips.appreciate it bro!only have cobra mf applicators.hope it works.
is CK rmg/vmg acrylic?

btw,not a balut fan either=)

Chiloy

klumzypinoy
08-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Hey sorry for the delay. Al's advice is great, I just read it right now. If he got a dollar for every advice he gave, he would have bajillions lol. Knowledge is really a great thing to have. I actually don't live in the Philippines, I live in southern California. I did hear about the raining from my mom. I haven't been there since I was 3 or 4... So do you reside in the Philippines?

Al, that's really cool you've visit the Philippines :). Me and my family are planning to go back there next year to visit, but not in the summer, which they say is really killer. The hottest I've been in was Las Vegas and Japan, but Vegas is hotter.

I am not a balut fan as well! I have watched the Travel channel where this guy goes to different countries to try out their food. He ate balut and said that it tastes just like a boiled egg, and he'd actually eat more. I haven't had balut since I was a kid... I never ate the duck itself though.

cls
08-16-2007, 04:59 AM
its ok klumzypinoy.i appreciate all your tips.i really got hooked to this forum!yup im based here in manila.its rainy season here so we really need to protect our cars.summers the best time to go here bro.just go straight to boracay or any great beaches here!lol!
balut really tastes good...just close your eyes whe you eat it=)

Al-53
08-16-2007, 07:47 AM
CLS...the VMG and RMG are not acrylic...its a oil based glaze....not good with klasse...

Also whats the dish called with the pig ears..thats a nasty dish also...and chicken heads also...

the pig ear dish was Tainga something...another nasty

I like the beef dishes and the Shrimp dishes...lol....

AL

cls
08-16-2007, 09:40 AM
ok noted Al.Thanks...Im, just waiting for my bro(flight attendant) to have a flight in the U.S.so i can order online again.Detailing products here are very limited(megs,mothers,tw,eo and other otc products)

OT:pigs ears dish?you mean SISIG?love it!lol
chicken head?not a big fan=)

OT:So what did you do at subic?business or pleasure?going there this weekend.

Al-53
08-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I was there waiting transport to Viet Nam in the 70's.....I was there close to 2 weeks before all our equipment showed up...we were delayed also cause of storms...no air travel ..typhoons..lol....

Al

cls
08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
wow.that was a long time ago!I think i should call you sir Al(respect for elders).just kidding!anyway,thanks for the tips again.Cheers

tonyspop
08-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I would chime in but Al once again has all the bases covered:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

klumzypinoy
08-16-2007, 05:56 PM
cls: I would and would not wanna go there in the summer :) how hot does it get there? I should give balut another try... with my eyes open HAhah. I was watching the Travel channel, same show I was talking about previous post, and the guy tried these caterpillars in Philippines. Also, there were these worms that eat trees. Pretty exotic food :p.

Al, can I call you Uncle Al in respect? :D. I always call my Filipino friends' parents auntie and uncle. The pig ear dish I believe is pronounced "Walkman", my past Filipino teacher talked about it. Sisig is a tasty dish, it's really bad for your heart though lol. I'm guessing theres a pig ear version? My friend calls it "Heart attack" since it's so fatty. I LOVE the beef and fish and shrimp dishes, also pork, as long as there's no ears or bums or feet lol.