PDA

View Full Version : Kink free garden hose and pressure washer hose

cc rider
11-06-2014, 12:49 AM
I have a AR Blue clean 383 pressure washer. It works great. I have a truck so its a necessity when washing. The hose that came with it kinks up though (the one that goes to the gun). If thats not kinking up , my garden hose is kinking up! Looking for recommendations for hoses to make me not lose it when Im doing a job! I dont mind spending a few bucks as long as its durable and worth it. Thanks

dcjredline
11-06-2014, 02:08 AM
Flexzilla seems to be the popular one.

TurboToys
11-06-2014, 02:26 AM
i bought a flexzilla 100' hose and it is nice. a whole lot better than i expected it to be... doesn't kink whatsoever when dragging around a car, to kink it you literally have to twist it up and pull on it hard before it stops flowing. good stuff.

oldmodman
11-06-2014, 03:29 AM
I have a 100ft reel mounted on my pressure washer with a 100ft heavy duty 4500psi hose. Never kinks at all.

Hermes1
11-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Flexzilla seems to be the popular one.

i bought a flexzilla 100' hose and it is nice. a whole lot better than i expected it to be... doesn't kink whatsoever when dragging around a car, to kink it you literally have to twist it up and pull on it hard before it stops flowing. good stuff.

Man am I glad to hear this and I hope so as I just ordered one and it is due to arrive today. I have gone through so many hoses because either the fittings leak or the no-kink hoses kink like crazy. Read alot of great reviews and so I am hoping, because I am so tired of replacing hoses within months of purchase.

af90
11-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Man am I glad to hear this and I hope so as I just ordered one and it is due to arrive today. I have gone through so many hoses because either the fittings leak or the no-kink hoses kink like crazy. Read alot of great reviews and so I am hoping, because I am so tired of replacing hoses within months of purchase.
Have you tried wrapping the fittings in teflon tape?

DasBurninator
11-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Usually water hose and pressure washer hose fittings have a gasket. Don't use teflon tape with them. If you do insist on using something like that to seal them I would use pipe dope over teflon tape. It seals better.

For a garden hose I am using a 50' Goodyear black garden hose. It will kink, but it takes some effort to get it to kink compared to a normal green garden hose.

I find that properly rolling the hose with an over/under method helps prevent kinking too.

spiralout462
11-06-2014, 01:45 PM
I believe that properly storing the hoses is the best way to prevent kinking. Just like electrical cords, water hoses need to be "trained".

Quality high pressure hoses swivel on each end so I'm not sure how they would "kink". Perhaps the hoses that come standard on the residential electric units are garbage.

cc rider
11-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Thanks everybody.I'll give the flexzilla a try. I have a long I think 50 footer from hd or Lowe's can't remember which. I bought one of those reels that sits on the ground so I don't just toss it around anywhere. I think the hose is just garbage.

Hermes1
11-09-2014, 08:36 PM

No because a quality hose should not require teflon tape and because my most recent hose leaks between the hose and the fitting, both ends as a matter a fact Just a cheap bad fitting and hose.

toycar18
11-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Get an industrial rubber hose rather than "kink free" available at home depot, lowes, etc.

Good year and parker red hose works great.

I have it made up a local parker store.

Rubber hoses rarely kink and last a very long time and are so easy to reel up. I have had the same hose for my carpet cleaning business for 10 years.