PDA

View Full Version : Dealer washed car

Pages : [1] 2

joeyp3021
11-05-2014, 06:53 PM
So of course the dealer didn't listen and took my car to the local hand wash. My question is I used dp paint coating in May and two weeks ago I used hydro2 over the entire car..did this trip to the car wash strip my protection or should I still be ok?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AG Online

allenk4
11-05-2014, 07:25 PM
The Dealer took your car to a local hand wash?

That is really strange

Your Hydro2 is still there...along with a bunch of new Swirls!

I keep a laminated 8 1/2' x 11" sign that I hang from the Rearview Mirror

"Do NOT Wash This Car"

af90
11-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Best way to see is test. It's unlikely they stripped it, I'd be more inclined to say they swirled it up. It's possible they didn't but I wouldn't expect that. Give it a rinse down and look at the hydrophobic properties.

joeyp3021
11-05-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm not worried as much about the swirls cause after the winter I plan on a full correction I just want the protection on it for the winter

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AG Online

cardaddy
11-05-2014, 10:45 PM
If they didn't wash it with Dawn it should be OK. :eek:

Romans5.8
11-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I WOULD pay attention to the swirls though. At the very least, document and notify. If you asked them not to wash it, and they damaged your car (which is what they did if they swirled it, whether they or a sub-contractor; in the case of taking it elsewhere.), then at the VERY least you need to let the dealership know what a mistake they made. If it were ME, I'd be demanding they pay an outside detailer (and NOT the dealership 'porter' guy) to correct the paint. Even if I was planning on doing it myself; there's no reason I should have to correct more than the occasional defect I put in over time.

queens guy
11-06-2014, 12:31 PM
I recently had some work done on my car, engine flush and tranny flush and I got to the dealer and he said "oh you early, I was gonna run your truck through the car wash" I said then you would have to pay someone to detail the truck and get all the scratches it took me hours to remove...

RobRabbit2.5
11-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I recently had some work done on my car, engine flush and tranny flush and I got to the dealer and he said "oh you early, I was gonna run your truck through the car wash" I said then you would have to pay someone to detail the truck and get all the scratches it took me hours to remove...

Lol i like that. I have had similar experience and when taking my car to the dealership. Last time I asked to write a small note on the work order. I then wrote, DO NOT WASH CAR, on the work order with a gigantic sharpie that i brought with me just for the occasion. I have a copy of it, they thought it was funny. I'll find it, and post to the thread.

joeyp3021
11-06-2014, 02:53 PM
I think what bothers me is I knew I had to bring the car in so on sunday I made sure it was clean. When the guy checked the car in he even made a comment about how smooth the paint felt and even made a few guys go look at it. It was sunny out and didn't rain so there was not even a reason to take it for a wash

SYMAWD
11-06-2014, 03:24 PM
This works well:
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/SYMAWD/IMAG0124_zps4vbjx65c.jpg (http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/SYMAWD/media/IMAG0124_zps4vbjx65c.jpg.html)

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/SYMAWD/IMAG0123_zpshc0ydf8s.jpg (http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/SYMAWD/media/IMAG0123_zpshc0ydf8s.jpg.html)

JHL88
11-06-2014, 03:28 PM
That stinks OP especially after you told them not to wash it. Do like SYMAWD does ^^ and post "DO NOT WASH" signs all over your ride next time. EVERYONE here should have do it.

queens guy
11-06-2014, 04:14 PM
haha i love to see those notes on cars. I was looking at a dealer with cars and there was a note on a car similar not to wash it. Gotta remember to write a note like that next time.

joeyp3021
11-06-2014, 04:49 PM
i am gonna print out one of those signs next time...the service manager just called asking how the car was and about my experience so I took some of your advice and told him I wasn't happy that they ignored my request to not have the car washed. The manager offered me two options, either return my $100 deductible I paid or reimburse me for the detail on the car. Now I did the detail myself so I have no proof of what was done to the car expect for the receipts of the products I purchased to use from here. Any suggestions on what I could do..i spent more then $100 on just the products for the detail but obviously there is no way to prove what was done to the car.

ilian11
11-06-2014, 05:12 PM
dying to know, what kind of car is this about?

joeyp3021
11-06-2014, 05:27 PM
nothing special just a 2010 vw Passat...I only said it to the manager when he called so maybe it will go in there computer not to wash it but if he is gonna offer me something back I might as well take him up on it.