PDA

View Full Version : Leather seats and Yogurt

GenesisCoupe
11-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

In the picture attached you will see what is Greek yogurt spilled on the leather, and what is left of it. The yogurt got in to the tiny holes, and for the life of me I just cannot get them all out.

I used both leather cleaners in a liquid form, as well as cream form, and even in aerosol spray form. I have used a various amount of brushes, and even a toothpick.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks!

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77/wwebobbyd/image1.jpg (http://s635.photobucket.com/user/wwebobbyd/media/image1.jpg.html)

Firehouse Mike
11-05-2014, 01:48 PM
I had this exact situation a few months ago well. Danon, I believe it was. I heated the area with a hairdryer to soften the leather and really dry out the yogurt, then used a crevice tool on my vac to pull it right out. Worked awesome! It still took an hour or so for a small area like that, but worked. Clean and treat the area afterwards, it'll look like new and you'll be a hero! Due use caution when heating though - don't over do it and cause damage :xyxthumbs:

wdmaccord
11-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Another thought, going in the opposite direction of Mike...maybe try wetting the areas with leather cleaner and let it soak a few minutes then try compressed air? Nothing I've tried, just thinking out loud here. Let us know what ends up working.

JMP
11-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Maybe dry steam and a microfiber....?

umana2482
11-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Steamer will remove that in 2mins or less.

Firehouse Mike
11-05-2014, 04:37 PM
I totally agree with the steam idea, but I would rather remove it than push it further in. It's hard to say which direction it would end up going at the end of the day. Please keep up posted on what happens with it!!
Feed back please

tigerwash
11-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I would dry it out and vacuum. Please let us know what happens, i'm interested in finding out

GenesisCoupe
11-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Another thought, going in the opposite direction of Mike...maybe try wetting the areas with leather cleaner and let it soak a few minutes then try compressed air? Nothing I've tried, just thinking out loud here. Let us know what ends up working.

Steamer will remove that in 2mins or less.

I totally agree with the steam idea, but I would rather remove it than push it further in. It's hard to say which direction it would end up going at the end of the day. Please keep up posted on what happens with it!!

Feed back please

I do not have access to steam/extractor therefore that is out of the question.

I did try to "soak" the area quite a few times but no luck. Vacuum doesn't help either.

umana2482
11-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Here's another idea, I did this before I had access to a steamer and ran to a similar situation. Grab a spray bottle with water only and a brush. Spray water as close as possible and hope that the pressure created will push it in. Brush the affected area gently to help you clear the pores.