PDA

View Full Version : Quick Wax Question

GunRunner
11-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from this forum and especially Mike Phillips and his videos, Thank You. I just recently finished doing a 4 step process on my new Suburban which consisted of Wolfgang Swirl Remover, Wolfgang Glaze, Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and finished with Collinite 845. All of these with the exception of the 845 were done with my new Griot's 6" polisher. My Suburban was a previous corporate lease so there was some correction I needed to do to get some scratches out. This job took me longer than I anticipated but I'm glad I took my time and got it done.

I have a question about quick waxes. I had plans of using Meguiars Quick Wax after washes but got to thinking about the Collinite 845. As easy as the 845 goes on and comes off, would there be any disadvantages to using the 845 in lieu of a spray quick wax? Or would that be too much wax and should I stick with the Meg's Quick Wax? Thanks for your time

Desertnate
11-05-2014, 01:02 PM
A coat of 845 will last six months under many conditions and is really a last stage protection product. Using it after washes as a boost is really overkill.

The Meguiars Quick wax is a shorter term product. I use it as a post-wash boost. Spray it on, wipe it off and walk away. Very easy.

GunRunner
11-05-2014, 02:20 PM
That makes sense. So with what I have done up to this point, would Meguiars Quick Wax be my best option to apply after washing or is there another product in your opinion that would be better? I was just looking for something to give it a boost and keep that nice wet look. Thanks again for the information

TuxedoTaurus
11-05-2014, 04:14 PM
I use Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax every other wash (every two weeks at most) and Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer after the other washes and in between touch ups. Always looks great on my black car with no streaking.

I have tried others (Mothers QW/QD, ONR, Aquawax) and always go back to the Meguiars.

Desertnate
11-05-2014, 04:51 PM
I've only used Sonus Glanz and Megiars Ultimate Quick Wax when it comes to this class of product, and the Glanz was only used on top of Klasse SG. Of the two, the Meg's product is my favorite by a large margin. I find it to produce an amazing shine when used on top of 845.

Solomonn
11-05-2014, 06:33 PM
What's a quick detailer spray actually for?

Solomon

JMP
11-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Hey Solomon....use it when you do not need a wash....only to remove LIGHT DUST and fingerprints and to bring the gloss back in your wax....I like Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz...(gal size , best deal)

Solomonn
11-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Hey Solomon....use it when you do not need a wash....only to remove LIGHT DUST and fingerprints and to bring the gloss back in your wax....I like Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz...(gal size , best deal)

Hey JMP

Thanks for answering my question. Appreciate it!

.brian.
11-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Meguiar's UQW and UQD seem to be very popular on here, as is Duragloss AW.

Personally, I have been using Flitz Waxx Speed Wax that I bought on a BOGO a while back, and have been happy with the results.

JMP
11-05-2014, 07:17 PM
No worries Solomon, as Mike Phillips says "Keep on Shining"!

Moldavite
11-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Meguiars Ultimate quik wax / ultimate quik detailer
both are good stuff and easy to use :props:

for gallon:
Ult. quik wax - D156
ult. quik detailer - M135 :dblthumb2:

GunRunner
11-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys for the quick replys and info. I just picked up a bottle of the Meguiars quik wax and give it try. I have no doubts that I will like it especially since Desertnate says it pairs well with 845. Moldavite, thank you for the gallon numbers, those will definitely come in handy. Thanks again guys

Moldavite
11-05-2014, 08:39 PM
keep shining :D

:autowash:

Solomonn
11-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Keep shining, keep buying!