PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Immortal - Self-Healing Coating

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

BeachZone
11-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Great news has been delivered from CarPro by way of Sema! Constantly taking the detailing world to the next level day to day, CarPro has set the bar to an entirely new level.

I can't wait to get my hands on some to play with!

Had to share with you all...

LINK REMOVED : SEARCH CARPRO IMMORTAL

enjoy :xyxthumbs:

-Beach

runrun411
11-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Whoa. That's going to turn the game on it's ear.

kevincwelch
11-05-2014, 12:08 PM
That video is awesome! Almost like looking at time lapse video of Xpel Ultimate. 15 microns, too.

Setec Astronomy
11-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on some to play with!

What would you do if you got your hands on some? From what I can tell it's a body shop product that has to be sprayed in a booth and baked.

kevincwelch
11-05-2014, 12:12 PM
What would you do if you got your hands on some? From what I can tell it's a body shop product that has to be sprayed in a booth and baked.

Exactly.

This seems like a product that will be expensive to purchase and is intended for larger businesses that have high volume and appropriate facilities. Doesn't seem like a product for the self-employed detailer working out of his/her home and certainly not for hobbyists such as myself!

I'd be convinced to seek out someone with it, though!

TurboToys
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM
yeah... wow..

looks like it takes a full respray to get it to bond correctly, basically a new layer of clearcoat on top like ceramiclear for mercedes.

so look at dropping 4-5k if you want it done.

BeachZone
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM

I guess that would mean I'd be getting myself into a booth and spraying ;)

Definitely going to do some High Desert testing of my own.

-Beach

swanicyouth
11-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Stuff is getting too complicated just for the sake of being "new". New DAs coming out that are really no different than the old DAs - but are made to look like Rupes. Now something that has to be applied in a paint booth?

Most body shops can't even buff a car right...How are they going to apply this correctly? It's just like spraying more clear coat on top of your clear coat. If you just maintain the car correctly and wash it correctly you don't need that.

SSTG
11-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Promising...

RobRabbit2.5
11-05-2014, 12:28 PM
yeah... wow..

looks like it takes a full respray to get it to bond correctly, basically a new layer of clearcoat on top like ceramiclear for mercedes.

so look at dropping 4-5k if you want it done.

Correct. Self healing clear-coat paint. Very interesting stuff. Also, very scary for correction based detailer stuff.

11-05-2014, 12:29 PM
$$$$$

RaskyR1
11-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I do have some mixed feelings on this, but none the less, I'm very excited about it and I'm eagerly waiting for more info. :dblthumb2:

zmcgovern45
11-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Stuff is getting too complicated just for the sake of being "new". New DAs coming out that are really no different than the old DAs - but are made to look like Rupes. Now something that has to be applied in a paint booth?

Most body shops can't even buff a car right...How are they going to apply this correctly? It's just like spraying more clear coat on top of your clear coat. If you just maintain the car correctly and wash it correctly you don't need that.

This product is still intended to be handled and applied by the detailer. Many professionals have been experimenting with spraying on paint coatings over the past couple of years, and many more are starting to adopt this method. With that being said, this will certainly require a cleaner environment which will be something not everyone has access to, but if the detailer has a trusted painter that they work closely with, there could be some collaboration for a product such as this.

After all, the detailer will still need to properly polish and prep the surface prior to spraying the coating. The polishing/prep work is often what body shops are most scrutinized for as they tend to do relatively poor work in many cases.

I'm interested to see what will come of this... I imagine cost will be substantial, and I can't see it taking over the coating industry just yet. Still excited to see something like this coming out though... means great things are being worked on :)

brondondolon
11-05-2014, 12:40 PM

I was just going to ask. This is a paint right and not a coating am i correct?

RaskyR1
11-05-2014, 12:41 PM
I was just going to ask. This is a paint right and not a coating am i correct?

It's a coating, but it's applied via paint gun like normal paint. It will require a booth/clean room to be applied and needs to be IR and UV cured (from what I read, not sure it needs both though).