PDA

View Full Version : CG EZ Chreme vs. Poorboy's Black Hole

Pages : [1] 2

mcate
11-04-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm a long time Black Hole user. Wondering how CG's EZ Chreme stacks up?

Loach
11-04-2014, 07:47 PM
I liked using both. I worked on a really thin painted jet black 80s 442 Olds that had crow's feet, heavy swirls but PB Black Hole tore through those swirls and made it look a lot deeper and presentable without sacrificing taking off any more clearcoat. Very impressed. I used to use EZ Creme as a pre wax prep for gloss and smoothness, I was very pleased with it as well. I ran out of EZ Creme so I haven't used them side by side. But Black Hole should fill in more swirls. They both have that same grape smell, Black Hole is a bit darker in color and is marketed towards dark colors as opposed to their other glaze, whereas EZ Creme I've used on all colors. If I really want a swirl filler on dark colors I'd stick with Poor Boys. If I want a wax prep I'll go with EZ Creme if I still had some.

mcate
11-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanx! I've got both Black Hole & White Diamond. If I try the EZ Chreme it'll mainly be for my black Shelby. Just looking for that little something extra.

tenblade2001
11-04-2014, 10:05 PM
anyone tried Glossworks Glaze?

GenesisCoupe
11-05-2014, 08:50 AM
anyone tried Glossworks Glaze?

Yes, it's my go to glaze for dark colored cars. Smells great too!

To the OP-I prefer Poorboy's BH out of the two.

silverfox
11-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Stick with BH...the best currently on the market.

tenblade2001
11-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Yes, it's my go to glaze for dark colored cars. Smells great too!

To the OP-I prefer Poorboy's BH out of the two.

what about white?

Detailer Daemon
11-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Poor Boys White Diamond really does the trick. I have been putting money aside to buy the Chemical Guys White Wax as a topper, but Meguiars also has a White Wax it would probably work as well...

Desertnate
11-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Poor Boys White Diamond really does the trick. I have been putting money aside to buy the Chemical Guys White Wax as a topper, but Meguiars also has a White Wax it would probably work as well...

I think you might be mixing things up a bit.

White Diamond and Black Hole are glazes whereas Meguiars Black/White waxes along with Chemical Guys White Wax are all cleaner waxes.

If you use the Meg's or Chemical Guys product on top of the glazes, their cleaning properties will probably wipe out the glaze below it.

tenblade2001
11-05-2014, 11:50 PM

I have read several reviews on White Wax, and they have not been good. A common complaint is that it is a PITA to get off.

MikeC78
11-06-2014, 12:13 AM
You could also compare Blackhole with CG BlackLight.

KMdef9
11-06-2014, 02:51 AM
You could also compare Blackhole with CG BlackLight.

This.

MattPersman
11-06-2014, 06:23 AM
OP I see you are in the area, I have some of the CG I am on the Northside of Indy if you wanted a sample to try

mcate
11-06-2014, 08:24 AM
OP I see you are in the area, I have some of the CG I am on the Northside of Indy if you wanted a sample to try

Thanx, but I ordered a bottle on Tuesday with the 15% off. Never tried any CG's products before, & figured it was time. I'm a longtime Poorboy's user, but I'm just trying to branch out a bit. Love to get together sometime & talk detailing.

Zubair
11-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Prima Amigo?