PDA

View Full Version : IPA wipe and use of glazes?

140BPM
11-04-2014, 02:30 PM
I plan on using Carpro eraser next time before applying sealant, but I also incorporate glazes after polish before sealing. From what I understand the IPA wipedown process is to maximize the sealant bond, so if that is the case it should be the last step just before the sealant, right?

Where does glaze fit in in this equation? I'd hate to apply glaze and then just wipe it all off with an IPA. What has everyone found to work the best incorporating all of these final steps?

dpk20x
11-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Skip the ipa/eraser.

Get a good pre wax cleaner, something like Prima amigo. This cleans the paint and leaves a glaze behind.

Just wipe off then apply your sealant.

allenk4
11-04-2014, 04:30 PM
I agree, skip the Eraser wipedown when using a wax or sealant

Many Pros suggest that a wipedown only be done when suggested by the manufacturer of the LSP. This is usually limited to "coatings" like CQuartz, GTechniq, et al

Todd Cooperider, over at DI, suggests that the use of CG EZ Crème Acrylic Glaze prior to sealant or wax application increases durability

"It takes the paint to the next level. It preps the paint for sealant better than IPA or other prep-products. If a product is already slick, EZ Creme Glaze will provide a better look and additional slickness, while helping to extend durability"

I have used it numerous times after polishing and before application of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Looks beautiful!

140BPM
11-08-2014, 01:53 PM
great advice, thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Mizzoutiger
11-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Same as Todd Cooperider recommends, I use CG EZ Creme Glaze to best prep surface (removes any residual polish) before applying sealant (usually MZ PL or BFWD).