PDA

View Full Version : TORQ10FX Random Orbital

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

VISITOR
11-04-2014, 04:35 AM
yet another DA to choose from...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thu1H5SEGvg&list=UUgEcPol_nG9_aFJbB8ameLg]TORQ10FX Random Orbital Polisher TORQ Tool Company - (OFFICIAL TORQ VIDEO) - YouTube[/video]

Moldavite
11-04-2014, 04:37 AM
just saw this on youtube :)
digital screen

4bidden
11-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Looks a lot like a Rupes, right? Price is rather cheap. CG has it in a kit with a bunch of their polishes for $199.

LINK REMOVED : PLEASE REVIEW TERMS/CONDITIONS UNDER FAQS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swanicyouth
11-04-2014, 01:33 PM
And they sell Rupes? Shame on them.

Wendell Jarvis
11-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Another over hyped product from CG....has a terrible throw compared to Rupes...

swanicyouth
11-04-2014, 01:51 PM
I glazed over the ad looking for the throw - but didn't see it. Maybe I missed it. So, then I watched the video and it looked like a > 8mm throw to me.

What is the the throw?

allenk4
11-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Why don't they list the throw?

4bidden
11-04-2014, 01:57 PM
It is an 8mm throw. It said it somewhere.

allenk4
11-04-2014, 02:16 PM
It is an 8mm throw. It said it somewhere.

The only info on the CG website product page is:

"The TORQ® 10FX combines the ideal throw size with the speed and power necessary to rapidly correct imperfections."

I bet CG wishes they had launched this before the new Meguiar's System came out today

Tato
11-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Not a problem being 8mm, seems a capable tool with a nice hold, mostly based on Rupes ergonomics heheh

It's just great to see the raising interest and investment for development in the detailing industry, every single tool launched will be very welcome.

I'm looking forward for the 'minis', would someone come with a improvement over Rupes Mini?

Kind Regards.

4bidden
11-04-2014, 02:18 PM
The only info on the CG website product page is:

"The TORQ® 10FX combines the ideal throw size with the speed and power necessary to rapidly correct imperfections."

I bet CG wishes they had launched this before the new Meguiar's System came out today

They stated on Facebook that it is 8mm. People keep asking how it compares to a PC on Facebook and their reply is that its the same throw with a much stronger motor.

Kingsford
11-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Digital... Just another thing to go wrong. Last time I checked computer chips didn't like vibration and heat.

Same throw as a Porter Cable for a much higher price with claims of a stronger motor. Doesn't sell it for me. NEXT!

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
11-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Overhyped is what can be expected. Anybody notice it uses the same digital display/control as the rotary at Harbor Freight made by Chicago Electric? What kind of ####### D.A. is this lol!?

VISITOR
11-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Digital... Just another thing to go wrong. Last time I checked computer chips didn't like vibration and heat.

Same throw as a Porter Cable for a much higher price with claims of a stronger motor. Doesn't sell it for me. NEXT!

you make a good point, over time what if the digital buttons go bad, get worn or break over repeated pressings (some are heavy handed) unlike a traditional speed dial that you just turn, then you're essentially left with a machine that's no good...

swanicyouth
11-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Do you guys even look at the speed the machine is set at? I primarily look at pad rotation and how the motor sounds. Saying the machine has to run at speed X never made sense to me. Too many variables - all that matters is how the pad is spinning on the paint..it doesn't matter what the speed dial says.

PS... There is a lot of CGs bashing here - But to be fair, it doesn't look much different than the new Megs machine. And - neither seems any better than a GG6. Maybe they are smoother?